For once, I am a little ahead of the game…my Inque Spot Studio Weekly Challenges to inspire you and keep you stamping this week were incorporated with a few other challenges that are out there in the blog world.
I chose the Colors suggested by The Card Concept team (#168) and the Make My Monday Technique Challenge (#167) and as this is a favorite technique, I have added it to the As You See It Challenge (#268).
Here is my #SimpleStamping card:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Magenta Madness cardstock.
- Background Panel: (5¼” x 4”) Basic White cardstock.
- Horizontal Cross Strip: (5¼” x 1⅞”) Basic White cardstock. I wanted to introduce a little pattern to the strip and chose the retired Tea House Background stamp. Old Olive ink was added to the stamp and I laid the cardstock down on top carefully and went over it lightly with a Brayer to transfer the pattern.
- Vertical Cross Strip (¼” x 4”) Old Olive cardstock scrap.
- Four Shapes – Hearts: Basic White cardstock. I chose the retired Something Lacy Background stamp and the Square from the Watercolor Shapes stamp set for the KISSING TECHNIQUE for three Hearts.
- The Something Lacy Background stamp was inked with Magenta Madness ink.
- The Square Watercolor Shapes stamp was inked with Petal Pink ink.
- The Square was pressed onto the Background stamp – in effect – Kissing each other and then stamped on to the Basic White cardstock.
- For the sentiment Heart, I just added the Petal Pink Square to the cardstock and added the truncated sentiment, You Are Loved, from the A Wish for Everything stamp set with the Old Olive Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Using the only Heart punch I own, the retired Sweetheart Punch, I created the Hearts.
All of the elements were adhered to the Background panel to match the sketch. #SimpleStamping – only stamps, paper, ink and the additional punch option.
Voila! A sweet little love card.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9G9BQTUH (February 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase this month.