For once, I am a little ahead of the game…my Inque Spot Studio Weekly Challenges to inspire you and keep you stamping this week were incorporated with a few other challenges that are out there in the blog world.
I chose the Colors suggested by The Card Concept team (#168) and the Make My Monday Technique Challenge (#167) and as this is a favorite technique, I have added it to the As You See It Challenge (#268).
Here is my #SimpleStamping card:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Magenta Madness cardstock.
- Background Panel: (5¼” x 4”) Basic White cardstock.
- Horizontal Cross Strip: (5¼” x 1⅞”) Basic White cardstock. I wanted to introduce a little pattern to the strip and chose the retired Tea House Background stamp. Old Olive ink was added to the stamp and I laid the cardstock down on top carefully and went over it lightly with a Brayer to transfer the pattern.
- Vertical Cross Strip (¼” x 4”) Old Olive cardstock scrap.
- Four Shapes – Hearts: Basic White cardstock. I chose the retired Something Lacy Background stamp and the Square from the Watercolor Shapes stamp set for the KISSING TECHNIQUE for three Hearts.
- The Something Lacy Background stamp was inked with Magenta Madness ink.
- The Square Watercolor Shapes stamp was inked with Petal Pink ink.
- The Square was pressed onto the Background stamp – in effect – Kissing each other and then stamped on to the Basic White cardstock.
- For the sentiment Heart, I just added the Petal Pink Square to the cardstock and added the truncated sentiment, You Are Loved, from the A Wish for Everything stamp set with the Old Olive Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Using the only Heart punch I own, the retired Sweetheart Punch, I created the Hearts.
All of the elements were adhered to the Background panel to match the sketch. #SimpleStamping – only stamps, paper, ink and the additional punch option.
Voila! A sweet little love card.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9G9BQTUH (February 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase this month.
6 thoughts on “You Are Loved – A Wish For Everything”
So sweet, Jolanda – and kissing IS fun, in every sense, lol. I love the thought process behind how you created this card – all about techniques for this one! And cute, cute colors! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!
Such a sweet card, Jolanda! Ink kissing is a technique I’d totally forgotten about, so I’m going to give it a go. Thank you for sharing it with us at As You See It Challenge.
This is a perfect example of the kissing technique and you explained it so well in your blog write up, Jolanda! I love how your card turned out. Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenges!
This is beautiful, Jolanda. Thanks so much for sharing with us at THe Four Seasons Challenge.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Super toffe kaart. Helemaal leuk. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Make My Monday challenge
Great card, love it. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday challenge
DT Make My Monday challenge
LikeLiked by 1 person
This is so fun, Jolanda! I have never had much luck with this technique, but you did an awesome job! Thanks for sharing it with us at As You See It!