A quick card to meet a Sketch deadline…
Playing with Sketch Saturday Challenge (#693). The Alphabet Challenge Letter was released today: “W” is for Winter and over at the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge for February, the option was Snowflakes. These three suggestions came together nicely!
Here is the result: A super shiny Winter card using retired bits and pieces and some favorite tools.
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Smoky Slate cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4⅛” x 5⅜”) Smoky Slate cardstock. The panel was dry-embossed with the retired Softly Falling Embossing Folder.
- Horizontal Strip: (1¼” x 5⅜”) Silver Fern & Snowflake patterned piece of paper from the lovely retired Feels Like Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper.
- Rectangle: (3¼” x 2”) Silver Dotted patterned piece of paper from the same paper pack.
- Shape – Snowflake: (2½” x 2½”) Retired Dazzling Diamonds Glitter Paper die-cut with one of the Snowflake Dies from the retired Snowfall Thinlets Dies set.
- Sentiment Label: (1½” x ¾”) Basic White cardstock scrap. The truncated sentiment, Let It Snow, from the retired Happy Scenes stamp set was inked with the Smoky Slate Stampin’ Write Marker. The sentiment was then die-cut with the smallest die from the Stitched Nested Dies set.
All of the elements were adhered to the Background panel to match the sketch. I chose the retired Silver ⅛” Ribbon for the Bow and wrapped it around the completed panel before adhering the panel to the card base.
I am ready to leave Winter behind…Are you? I like how this card turned out and I will put with my stash of Holiday cards.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9G9BQTUH (February 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase this month.