Playing in the Studio today.
I started with the very subtle colors, Soft Seafoam, Smoky Slate and Calypso Coral from the color challenge over at TGIF (#354) but I had some other things to do this morning and missed the deadline…oh, well…I carried on with my idea.
On Facebook, the Stampin’ Through the Catalog group was featuring the Wildflower Path stamp set today, so that is what I chose to use. Next, I selected the sketch suggested by the Atlantic Hearts group (#459).
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8” x 8” scored at 4”) Basic White cardstock for a Slim-Line card.
- Mask: (1⅞” x 1⅞”) Hole cut in to a scrap of cardstock with the same-sized square die from the retired Layering Squares Dies set. This retired set of dies is very handy to have. However, a Mask / Stencil can be created with Low Tack Tape just as easily.
- The Mask was positioned three times in a row centered on to the card front. Smoky Slate ink was applied very lightly with a Blending Brush to create the background squares for the other images and sentiment.
- Top Square: The sentiment / quote was stamped with Smoky Slate ink.
- Center Square: The Grass and two Floral Stems were stamped with Soft Seafoam ink and one Stem with Mint Macaron ink to add a bit of contrast. The coordinating Floral image was added with Calypso Coral ink. I added a number of tiny dots / specks to the image with the Mint Macaron Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Bottom Square: The Grass was stamped repeatedly with Soft Seafoam and stamped-off Mint Macaron inks. The Floral Stems were stamped with Soft Seafoam ink. The coordinating Floral image was stamped with stamped-off Calypso Coral ink.
And we are done! This is a very soft and subtle clean and simple floral card gently reminding you to do you!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Finally, I am entering this card into the following challenges: as the subject matter is flowers and the occasion is “to be your own person”, the Flower Challenge (#65) and as the style is clean and simple, the Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge for February as I only used “ink”. Additionally, this card is a very nice friendship card with an encouraging message so, I will add it to the Just Us Girls Challenge (#618)
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9G9BQTUH (February 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase this month.
9 thoughts on “Wildflower Path – Leave a Trail”
This is so pretty! I love how you used the sketch with the sentiment and the florals! I predict a winner!
Jolanda… love the layout of this card and the sentiment is just lovely. Thanks so.much for joining us and sharing at Just Us Girls. Hope to see you again soon.
oh wow, Jolanda – that is so beautiful
Just gorgeous – a soft, gentle card that is a lovely use of the sketch. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. ~Dena J
Love this card! You made really good use of the sketch!
Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
Patty S, Design Team
LikeLiked by 1 person
What a wonderful take on the sketch–I would never have thought to make it one layered. I also love the soft feel of the card. Thanks for joining us at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
Anna, Design Team
I love this, I love the softness of the flowers and colours. This is so pretty! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).
DT member AHSC
LikeLiked by 1 person
The sentiment on your card is so beautiful and the little flowers are perfect for it, love the soft colors and your design.
Thank you for sharing with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE.
Stay healthy and safe.
What a gorgeous card! You did a great job of combining the color and sketch challenges. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week–please join us again soon!
LikeLiked by 1 person