Playing in the Studio today.
I started with the very subtle colors, Soft Seafoam, Smoky Slate and Calypso Coral from the color challenge over at TGIF (#354) but I had some other things to do this morning and missed the deadline…oh, well…I carried on with my idea.
On Facebook, the Stampin’ Through the Catalog group was featuring the Wildflower Path stamp set today, so that is what I chose to use. Next, I selected the sketch suggested by the Atlantic Hearts group (#459).
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8” x 8” scored at 4”) Basic White cardstock for a Slim-Line card.
- Mask: (1⅞” x 1⅞”) Hole cut in to a scrap of cardstock with the same-sized square die from the retired Layering Squares Dies set. This retired set of dies is very handy to have. However, a Mask / Stencil can be created with Low Tack Tape just as easily.
- The Mask was positioned three times in a row centered on to the card front. Smoky Slate ink was applied very lightly with a Blending Brush to create the background squares for the other images and sentiment.
- Top Square: The sentiment / quote was stamped with Smoky Slate ink.
- Center Square: The Grass and two Floral Stems were stamped with Soft Seafoam ink and one Stem with Mint Macaron ink to add a bit of contrast. The coordinating Floral image was added with Calypso Coral ink. I added a number of tiny dots / specks to the image with the Mint Macaron Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Bottom Square: The Grass was stamped repeatedly with Soft Seafoam and stamped-off Mint Macaron inks. The Floral Stems were stamped with Soft Seafoam ink. The coordinating Floral image was stamped with stamped-off Calypso Coral ink.
And we are done! This is a very soft and subtle clean and simple floral card gently reminding you to do you!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Finally, I am entering this card into the following challenges: as the subject matter is flowers and the occasion is “to be your own person”, the Flower Challenge (#65) and as the style is clean and simple, the Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge for February as I only used “ink”. Additionally, this card is a very nice friendship card with an encouraging message so, I will add it to the Just Us Girls Challenge (#618)
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9G9BQTUH (February 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase this month.