Our current challenge at CARDZ 4 GUYZ (#289) is to create a *LOVE* card.
I took a lot of inspiration from many challenges.
I started with the Double Trouble (#102) Challenge…while I missed the deadline, I still had fun with the guidelines. Thing One: Anything, Thing Two: Partner with other challenges, and Thing Three Twist: A different card size.
So, I created a card in the Mini-Slim Line size and partnered with Try Stampin’ On Tuesday’s (#541) for the Sketch and the Retro Rubber (#175) and the Paper Players (#577) challenges for the Love theme.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (7” x 6” scored at 3½”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Left Panel: (1⅝” x 5¼) Dark Wood patterned piece of paper from the retired Wood Textures Designer Series Paper pack.
- Right Panel: (1⅝” x 5¼”) Linen patterned piece of paper from the retired Pressed Petals Specialty Designer Series Paper pack.
- Heart Shape: (2½” x 2¼”) Die-cut from the retired Heart Framelit Dies set.
- The two Designer Series Paper panels were butted together and adhered with Scotch Tape.
- The Heart Shape was then die-cut.
- A portion of the Lace card front from the retired Bird Ballad Laser-Cut Cards was adhered behind the open cut Heart.
- The completed panel (3⅜” x 5¼”) was adhered to the card base.
- Sentiment Label: (3½” x 1”) Very Vanilla cardstock scrap.
- Using the Stamp-ama-jig Positioning Tool, the letters, “L”, “O”, “V” and “E” from the retired Lovey Letters stamp set (circa 2008) were stamped with retired Baked Brown Sugar ink to create the word *LOVE*.
- To play up the masculine elements of wood and linen, the sentiment label was dry-embossed with the Timber 3D Embossing Folder and adhered to the card front.
The little touch of Lace reminds me of a Wood-Cut and provides a slight bit of mush to a rather spare masculine Love card.
I hope I have given you some inspiration and that you will decide to join us for this challenge and post your creations. I look forward to seeing what you will make!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9G9BQTUH (February 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase this month.