Our current challenge at HANDSTAMPED SENTIMENTS (#382) is an Inspiration Board.
There are several take-aways: Colors – Pink, Blue, White; Themes – Birds, Vehicles, Flowers, Walls and Doors; Textures – Bricks and Wood. Lots to work with!
I selected to use the weekly Sketch challenge posted on my website – Sunday Sketches SS018 but flipped it to accommodate my selected image. I also opted to use the Tools suggested by my weekly Keep Stamping challenge – Stampin’ Blends.
Here is the result:
I opted for Bermuda Bay for the bright Turquoise Blue color and Flirty Flamingo for the softer Pink color.
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Flirty Flamingo cardstock.
- Background Panel: (5¼” x 4”) Bermuda Bay cardstock. The bottom portion of the panel (2½”) was dry-embossed with the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder for added texture and to play with the inspiration board.
- Horizontal Cross Strip: (5¼” x 1”) Scribble Diamonds patterned piece of paper from the Hostess Pattern Play Designer Series Paper pack. The strip was colored with a Blending Brush and Flirty Flamingo ink.
- Rectangle Panel: (4” x 1⅝”) Basic White cardstock scrap. A portion of the Map pattern from the Vellum Layering Designs (same size) was overlayed so the pattern showed crisply.
- Shape: (3½” x 1⅞”) Basic White cardstock scrap. The Sports Car image from the Free Sale-a-bration Driving By stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with both the light and dark Bermuda Bay and Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends. The image was then die-cut with one of the dies from the Tasteful Labels Dies set.
- Sentiment Label: (1⅝” x ⅝”) Flirty Flamingo cardstock scrap. The sentiment, Driving By just to say hi, from the Driving By stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
All of the elements were adhered to match the flipped sketch. The Sports Car and Sentiment labels were popped up with Dimensionals.
I am pretty happy with how this card turned out. While the beachy colors remind me of Miami, my choice of vehicle, the Sports Car, give me a racy feel. The diamond patterned cross strip reminds me of a Racing Flag and the brick texture makes me think of the Indianapolis Motor Speed Way race, the Brickyard!
I hope I have given you some ideas and that you will be inspired by the images on the Inspiration Board. Please join us. I look forward to seeing what you will make?
As this card includes a Car, I am also entering it in the Alphabet Challenge – Letter “V”.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9G9BQTUH (February 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase this month.