Playing with the Double Trouble (#102) Challenge…Thing One: Anything, Thing Two: Partner with other challenges, and Thing Three Twist: A different card size.
I created a Masculine Valentine card in the Mini-Slim Line size and partnered with Dies R US (#186).
Additional challenges that inspired me were as follows…Style and Theme: Just Add Ink (#589), CAS On Friday (#224) and CASology (#400) and Theme and Color: Four Seasons (Winter – February) and AAA Cards (#208).
Here is the result using one of my favorite CAS Design Sketches:
- Card Base: (7” x 6” scored at 3½”) Basic White cardstock.
- Center Square: (1⅝” x 1⅝”) Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, i *heart* you, from the Happy & Heartfelt stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- The *Heart* was colored in with the Real Red Stampin’ Blend.
- The sentiment was die-cut with the (1⅝” x 1⅝”) square die from the retired Layering Squares Dies set.
- Square Scallop Frame: (1¾” x 1¾”) Real Red cardstock scrap die-cut with the scalloped square die from the same set of Layering Square Dies.
- The Sentiment Square was adhered to the scalloped frame and then added to the card with Dimensionals.
A very clean and simple card. Black and White with a pop of color, in this case Red, is always a classic. The simple sentiment, I *Heart* You, works really well for a masculine Valentine card as it is no-nonsense and straight to the point conveying the affectionate message with a minimal of fuss.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9G9BQTUH (February 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase this month.