Overcoming a bit of post-Holiday inertia. So hard to get back in the groove. I created a quick card for a few challenges.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Smoky Slate cardstock. I chose to orient the Sketch to the vertical position. The sentiment, Hope you have the Best Birthday, from the Free Sale-a-bration Friendly Hello stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Basic White cardstock. The card front was die-cut with the (2⅜”) circle die from the Layering Circles Dies set. The stamped sentiment was positioned into the circle opening.
- Three Shapes – Flowers: Basic White cardstock. The Double Floral image from the Friendly Hello stamp set and the Triple Blossoms from the Art in Bloom stamp set were stamped with Basic Gray ink and colored with Stampin’ Blends. Base Petals – Retired Light Pink Pirouette, Petal Detail – Light Real Red, Floral Center Shadow – Light Cherry Cobble and Floral Centers – Light Smoky Slate. The Blossoms were fussy-cut with Paper Snips.
- Strip – Flower: I replaced the strip with the single Blossom.
The Cherry Blossoms were arranged around the circle sentiment opening to match the flipped sketch.
- Paper Players – Tic: CAS (Plenty of White Space), Tac: Flowers and Toe: Birthday (Sentiment)
- Sunday Stamps – Colors: Pinks, Reds and Grays
- TSOT – Technique: Monochromatic (Pinks and Reds) and Sketch
Several days of dreary rain needed to be brightened up with the promise of Spring. What better than to walk through a rainfall of pretty Cherry Blossoms?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9G9BQTUH (February 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase this month.