This week’s Weekly Challenges at The Inque Spot Studio are here. I am playing with the Sunday Sketch SS017 and my personal Color Challenge and Inspiration Photo.
Be inspired…use the sketch and/or the Colors to create a project or two and share it with me.
Here is what I created:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Smoky Slate cardstock.
- Panel (5¼” x 4”) Basic White cardstock.
- Square Shape: (2⅞” x 2⅞”)
- I created a Square Open Mask by die-cutting a piece of Copy Paper with the retired Layering Squares Dies (2⅞”” x 2⅞”)
- The Mask was taped in to position with a low-tack repositionable tape.
- The scene was created using the “Sand” image from the Oceanfront stamp set. Twisting and reversing (using the backside), I added colors fully, stamped-off and on the edges.
- From top to bottom. Ridge of Light – So Saffron, Mountain – Misty Moonlight, Mountain Shadow – Smoky Slate, Sky Reflection – Pale Papaya, Water – Misty Moonlight stamped off, Land – Soft Suede stamped off, and Grass – Mossy Meadow stamped off and full strength.
- Before the Mask was removed, I added a little So Saffron with a Blending Brush to the Sky and a bit of Smoky Slate with a Sponge Dauber to the sides and bottom edges to complete the Square.
- Cross Strip: (½” x 4”)
- The larger Bamboo Shoot and Leaf Fronds images from the Bamboo Beauty stamp set were stamped with Mossy Meadow ink. The image draws the eye and visually creates the Cross Strip.
- I also decided to put the Mask back in place and add the smaller Leaf Frond to the scene.
- The completed panel was then dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder giving the created scene a canvas like textured finish.
- Sentiment Circle: (1⅝”) Smoky Slate cardstock scrap. The sentiment, Thank you for everything, from the Color & Contour stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder and then die-cut with the (1⅝”) circle die from the Layering Circles Dies set.
All of the panel was added to the card base and the sentiment was popped up with Dimensionals.
Such a subtle Thank You card. I like how it all came together. This is a clean and simple card. Almost a true #simplestamping card – stamps, ink and paper with a little step up by using a Tool to create the Circle shape.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
It is a new year and Stampin’ Up! just issued the new Occasions Mini catalog and the new Sale-a-bration brochure. Lots of lovely new products to play with. You can visit my website to take a look at the new catalogs: jolandajohnstone.stampinup.net
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: PU39MFMB (January 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that it is Sale-a-bration Time. Choose a FREE item from the Brochure for every $50.00 or $100.00 purchase.