Welcome back! Chasing another Sunday deadline…
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Smoky Slate cardstock.
- Panels: (approximately 2⅝” x 4”) Basic White cardstock. The right panel was impressed with the Stitched Greenery Die for a bit of design texture. The other panel was left as is.
- Center Circle – Focal Image: (2⅞”) Basic White cardstock.
- The image of the Turtle from the Back On Your Feet stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Black Embossing Powder.
- The image was water-colored with a variety of ink colors with the Fine-Tipped Water Painter. Turtle Belly – Daffodil Delight and a bit of Garden Green; Shell – Garden Green with a bit of Daffodil Delight; Turtle Body – Smoky Slate with some Garden Green.
- A Smoky Slate water-color wash was added under the Turtle and a Night of Navy water-color wash was added around the Turtle with the Broad-Tipped Water Painter.
- The image was die-cut with one of the (2⅞”) circle die from the Layering Circles Dies set.
- Accent Circles: Cardstock scraps – (1”) Daffodil Delight, (1⅛”) Garden Green and (1⅝”) Night of Navy.
- The Sun Ray Burst image from the retired Circle Celebration stamp set was stamped with Smoky Slate ink on to the Daffodil Delight scrap and punched out with the retired (1”) Circle Punch.
- The word, Sigh…, from the Back On Your Feet stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder on the Garden Green scrap and then die-cut with the (1⅛”) Layering Circles Die.
- The sentiment, Hope things get better soon, from the same stamp set was stamped the same as above on to the Night of Navy scrap and then die-cut with the (1⅝”) circle-die.
All of the elements were then adhered to match the sketch. A clean and simple card with just a few layers for interest and a pop of color.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: PU39MFMB (January 2021) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select a free Sale-a-bration with a qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase.