If I wasn’t creating this card today, heck, yeah!, I would definitely be cuddling up with a book. I am in South Carolina and we rarely get any snowy weather in my little corner of the State. Well, we certainly got it!
Snow Day! A perfect time for hunkering down with my nose in a book! Reading anything interesting? Share with me what you are reading. My current book? The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennet.
To create is card I started with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (#455); adding the Cozy Layers theme from Double Trouble Challenge (#100) and the colors from the Card Concept Inspiration Photo Challenge (#166). I chose to Watercolor my image for the Happy Little Stampers January Watercolor Challenge and added my card to the Bitten by The Bug Challenge (#2) for the Double Trouble collaboration.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic Black cardstock.
- Panel: (3⅞” x 5⅛”) the Basic White, Gold, Smoky Slate, Blushing Bride and Basic Black patterned piece of paper from the Abstract Beauty Specialty Designer Series Paper pack.
- Corner Shape – Focal Image: (3⅛” x 3⅛”) Basic White cardstock.
- The image of the Girl Reading Book from the In the Moment stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and then again in Basic Gray ink and heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder.
- The image was water-colored with a variety of ink colors with the Fine-Tipped Water Painter. Face and Hands – Petal Pink; Hair – Cinnamon Cider; Blanket and Coverlet – Blushing Bride; Dog and Socks – Smoky Slate; Jeans – Basic Black; and Book Cover – Soft Succulent.
- Gilded Leafing was added to the Mug and the Pages of the Book.
- A Smoky Slate water-color wash was added to the background with the Broad-Tipped Water Painter.
- The image was die-cut with one of the dies from the retired Window Frames Collection Framelits Dies and trimmed square in the lower right-hand corner. I thought the shape was interesting and created a nice frame for the image.
- Accent Mat: (3½” x 3½”) Basic Black cardstock die-cut with the next sized up Window Frame Die.
- Sentiment Label: (2” x ⅝”) Blushing Bride cardstock scrap. The sentiment, Heck, Yeah!, from the Happy & Heartfelt stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The Flag end was hand-cut with Paper Snips.
All of the elements were adhered to match the sketch. Three Gold Brushed Metallic Adhesive Dots were added for a little soft-toned bling.
What is your favorite thing to do on a Snow Day? Let me know…
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: PU39MFMB (January 2021) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select a free Sale-a-bration with a qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase.