Playing in the Studio with a variety of challenges today.
I started with the FUSION – It’s a New Year Sketch, the main focal point Sentiment suggestion from CAS Colours & Sketches (#452), the Seize the Birthday (#229) suggested Colors and the Make My Monday (#165) Snowflake Theme.
I then blended in a bunch of other challenges that influenced all of my ultimate choices: Tic Tac Toe (#144) for creating a clean and simple birthday card with sparkle; Alphabet (U) for using two Snowflakes of different sizes; Just Us Girls (#615) for adding a light blue, using silver cardstock as a gray tone and white embossing; and the Cookie Challenge (#164) inspiration of winter blue and white snowflakes.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Misty Moonlight cardstock.
- Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Brushed Silver cardstock.
- Rectangle Shape – Sentiment: (3¼” x 1¼”)
- The word, Sparkle, from the retired Add a Little Glitz stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and then again in Misty Moonlight ink and heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder. The phrase, May Your Season, was masked with a sliver of scotch tape before inking.
- Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig Positioning Tool, the phrase, Hope Your Day Is and the word, Fantastic from the Fantabulistic! image stamp from the retired In Your Words stamp set were highlighted with an old Versamark Pen dipped into a Versamark ink pad and then heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- Circle Shapes – Snowflakes: (1”) and (1½”) retired Dazzling Diamonds Glitter Paper.
- Two Snowflakes were die-cut with snowflake dies from the retired Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies set.
- The Snowflakes were highlighted with both the Balmy Blue and Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends.
Keeping the design clean and simple, the Snowflakes were added to the Sentiment panel. The Clear Embossed Sentiment and the Glittering White Snowflakes add a very nice shine and sparkle to this Winter Birthday card.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: PU39MFMB (January 2021) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select a free Sale-a-bration with a qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase.