Our current challenge at CARDZ 4 GUYZ (#286) is to create a Contemporary Christmas card.
I created this card from a number of scraps that were on my work table as a result of making previous projects.
- Two Real Red (3”) Scalloped Square Frames left over from creating (2⅝”) Scalloped Squares and one Basic White (3”) Square Frame left over from creating (2⅝”) Squares that were originally die-cut using the now retired Layering Squares Dies.
- Evening Evergreen (2¼”) Scalloped Circle left over when I decided that the size of the Scallop Circle was too big for the original project. The Scallop was die-cut with the Layering Circles Dies.
- Tidings of Christmas Designer Series Paper Christmas Tree shape leftover when I punched out two Trees with the Pine Tree Punch.
- Dazzling Diamonds Glitter Paper Star that was leftover when I die-cut the Star Swirl image from the Stitched Stars Dies.
- Evening Evergreen (½”) strip of cardstock as a result of creating card fronts (4” x 5¼”).
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Soft Succulent cardstock. Not shown.
- Background Panel: (4¼” x 5½”) Diagonal Leaf or Knitted patterned piece of paper from the Ever Eden Specialty Designer Series Paper pack. Full card size cut.
- The Basic White Square Frame was centered and adhered
- The Real Red Square Scallop Frames were added, and top and bottom points were trimmed off.
- The Evening Evergreen Circle Frame was added to the center.
- The Christmas Tree was set into the Circle Frame with Dimensionals.
- The Star was added to the top of the Christmas Tree with a Mini Dimensional.
- Sentiment Label: (2½” x just shy of ½”) The sentiment, Happy Holidays, from the retired Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder. The Sentiment was then die-cut with one of the dies from Stitched Rectangles Dies set and added below the Christmas Tree.
The contemporary red and white diagonal lines are bold and draw your eye to the focal point, the Christmas Tree. I like the graphic nature of this card created from scraps. Do you? Happy Holidays!
I hope I has given you some inspiration and that you will decide to join us for this challenge and post your creations. I look forward to seeing what you will make?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: X66GWHEP (December 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
One thought on “Happy Holidays – A Little Tree”
Perfect!! I love your contemporary and graphic creation…prefect inspiration for those who decide to play along with our “contemporary Christmas” challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!