Our current challenge at HAND STAMPED SENTIMENTS (#379) is to create a Christmas card inspired by the images provided.
I was perusing Pinterest when I came across a card created by Mary Knabe. I thought it was a great idea and wanted to use her layout for a Christmas card. To CASE, is to Copy and Selectively Edit.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Accent Panel: (4⅛” x 5⅜”) Crumb Cake cardstock dry-embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
- Background Panel: (3⅜” x 5⅛”) Basic White cardstock.
- Paper Lattice: (3¼” x 5”)
- Paper Weave: (⅜” x 5”) Four Strips of coordinating patterned paper from the retired Classic Christmas Designer Series Paper pack. Shaded Spruce and Cherry Cobbler.
- Sentiment Tag: (4¼” x 1”) Crumb Cake cardstock. The sentiment, Merry Christmas, from the retired Greetings of the Season stamp set was stamped with Soft Suede ink. The Tag ends were shaped with the Treasured Tags Pick a Punch.
The Strips were woven through the Paper Lattice and secured in place. Any ends were trimmed to match the Lattice edges. The Lattice was adhered to the Basic White Background Panel and centered on the Textured Accent Panel and finally adhered to the card base. The Sentiment Tag was popped up with Dimensionals and a Shade Spruce and Gold Striped Ribbon Bow was added to complete the card.
I love a red and green holiday card. I hope you are inspired by our challenge, just like I was with Mary’s card, and I look forward to seeing what you create.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers and a Very Merry Christmas to you all, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: X66GWHEP (December 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
One thought on “Greetings of the Season”
This card is gorgeous Jolanda! The way that you weaved your dsp through the lattice is genius.