Another challenge that is due today. I so loved the color scheme and photo inspiration for the current FUSION – Gray White Christmas Challenge. I had to give it a try…
Here is the result:
- Card Base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic Gray cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Basic White cardstock. To emphasize the cozy, I dry-embossed this panel with the retired Cable Knit Textured Embossing Folder.
- Shape Elements:
- Circle: The sentiment, Sending Good Tidings…, from the retired Timeless Tidings stamp set seemed to fit the images really well. The sentiment was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder on to a scrap of Evening Evergreen cardstock and then die-cut with the (1⅞”) Circle die from the retired Stitched Shapes Dies set. Stitching equals coziness.
- Bow: The Bow was die-cut with one of the dies from the retired Stitched Seasons Dies set from a scrap of Brushed Silver cardstock. Perhaps there is not a Bow in the photograph, but the silver adds just a bit of glam.
- Snowflake: The Snowflake was die-cut with one of the dies from the retired Snowflakes Dies set from a scrap of retired Dazzling Diamonds Glitter Paper. So pretty and echoing the glittering stars in the Christmas Tree.
- Cocoa Mug: The Mug image from the retired Scentsational Season stamp set was stamped with Smoky Slate ink on to a scrap of Basic White cardstock. I did die-cut the Mug with the coordinating die from retired Holiday Collection Dies set but ultimately chose to Fussy Cut the image to eliminate the white edges. This element mimics the Mug sitting by the Fireplace.
- Leaves and Berry Sprig: These images were die-cut with additional dies that are in the Snowflake Dies set. The Leaves are cut from a scrap of Evening Evergreen cardstock and the Berries from a scrap of Cherry Cobbler cardstock. They were added to pick up on the Greenery adorning the Fireplace Mantle.
Five elements instead of three, but still an odd number all tucked up in the left corner as per the suggested sketch.
Curling up on the sofa, under a knitted throw with a cup of Cocoa in front of the fireplace…just waiting for everyone to get downstairs so we can open those gifts! Merry Holidays!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
I will share this card by adding it to the Stampin’ Up! Only Challenge (#290) asking for more Christmas Inspiration cards…
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: X66GWHEP (December 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.