Playing around with the current Freshly Made Sketch Challenge (#514) and mixing it up by Water Coloring for the Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge (December) with the colors suggested by the TGIF Challenges (#345).
I opted to create an A2 card instead of a Square card.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Just Jade cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Watercolor Paper.
- A Watercolor Wash was added to the panel using Pool Party ink using the Wet-on-Wet Technique and the Broad-Brush Water Painter.
- I created a Stencil Mask using Copy Paper and the (2⅜”) circle die from the Layering Circles Dies set. Misty Moonlight ink was added to the panel over the Watercolor Wash with a Stippling Brush to create the circle shape suggested in the sketch.
- Focal Image – Butterfly: (3½” x 2¾”) Watercolor Paper.
- The Butterfly image was die-cut with one of the dies from the Brilliant Wings Dies set.
- I applied some water to the Butterfly Body with the Fine-Tipped Water Painter and added Misty Moonlight ink.
- As it was starting to dry, I did the same with Pool Party ink on the Inner Wings, and again with Just Jade ink on the Outer Wings.
- To blend the colors, I used a Stampin’ Spritzer filled with water to mist the Butterfly and then left it to dry. The process can be speeded up by using the Heat Tool.
- Sentiment Label: (1¾” x ½”) Basic White cardstock scrap. The sentiment, Thinking of You, from the Quiet Meadow stamp set was stamped with Misty Moonlight ink. To get the position right, I did use my Stamp-a-ma-jig Positioning Tool.
- In Lieu of the two Star Shaped elements on the lower side of the circle, I chose to add a Filagree Scroll which I die-cut using one of the dies from the Stitched Stars Dies set from a Just Jade cardstock scrap. The Butterfly Wing takes the place of the upper Star Shaped element.
All of the pieces were adhered to resemble the sketch. I only added adhesive to the Butterfly Body so that the Wings could be lifted. Such a pretty card.
A nice break from Holiday cards, even though the colors would work really well for a Winter motif. I like the non-traditional colors for this Beautiful Butterfly.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: X66GWHEP (December 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.