One last deadline for today…
The current Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (#449) was flipped to the horizontal position as it better suited my chosen focal image stamp.
Other influences: Colors (Green, Red, Gold and Silver), Plaid Ribbon Trims and the Kraft Colored Tree and Shelf – The Card Concept (#165); Tools (Die-Cuts and both Heat-Set and Dry Embossing) – Tic Tac Toe (#142) and Theme (Toys) – Happy Little Stampers Christmas (December).
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Shaded Spruce cardstock for the Green Color.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Kraft paper dry-embossed with the Gingham Embossing Folder (available Jan 2022).
- Cross Strip: (1½” x 4”) Shaded Spruce, Cherry Cobbler and Gold plaid patterned paper from the retired Wrapped in Plaid Specialty Designer Series Paper pack.
- Focal Image – Teddy Bear and Toys: (3⅞” x 2”) Kraft paper.
- The image from the retired Bearing Gifts stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Black Embossing Powder.
- All images except the Bear were painted with Bleach and an old Paint Brush and left to dry.
- Once dry, the image was colored with a variety of Stampin’ Blends: Bear (Cinnamon Cider) Packages, Stars and Ribbon (Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight and the retired Call Me Clover) and the Train (Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight and Smoky Slate).
- The image was die-cut with the (3⅞” x 2”) sized tag die from the Tailor Made Tags Dies set.
- The stitched edges of the Tag were trimmed.
- Tag Accent: (3⅞” x 2”) Shaded Spruce cardstock die-cut with the same sized tag from the Tailor Made Tags Dies set. The two tags were layered together.
- Sentiment Flag: (1½” x ½”) Cherry Cobbler cardstock scrap for the Red Color. The sentiment, believe, from the retired Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Gold Embossing Powder. The sentiment banner was hand-flagged with Paper Snips.
- Embellishments: Bow tied using Gold Shimmer Ribbon and Brushed Silver cardstock Stars.
- Note: When I created a previous card where I die-cut the Star Swirl using the Stitched Stars Dies set, I had a number of Brushed Silver Stars left over. I chose to add them to this card in lieu of the Dots.
Putting it all together to resemble the flipped sketch, the Sentiment Flagged Banner was tucked behind the Plaid Cross Strip and the Tag was popped up with Dimensionals. The Bow was attached to the Tag and the Silver Stars were added to the left and right sides of the Tag.
Always something cozy when Kraft is mixed with Plaid. Especially a Red and Green Plaid. Do you still believe in Santa Claus?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: X66GWHEP (December 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.