Chasing another deadline…and I mixed it up with a few others…
The current Global Design Project Challenge (#320) is to CASE (Copy and Selectively Edit) a lovely card created by Kayla McCreadie. I selected a Winter Themed Holiday card and my inspiration take-aways were: a) Layered Die-Cuts, b) Blended Background, c) Soft Background Wording, and d) Ribbon.
Other influences were: Paper Players (#570), Inspired By (#198), CAS on Friday (#219) and Tic Tac Toe (#142), Ellibelle’s Corner (December) and Fusion.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Accent Panel: (4⅛” x 5⅜”) Balmy Blue cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Shimmery White cardstock.
- The Snowy Swirl image from the retired Star of Light stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder.
- Balmy Blue ink was added over the Swirl with a Blending Brush to bring out the pattern.
- The sentiment, Peace & Happiness, from the retired Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set was added over the Swirl. I used the Stamparatus™ Positioning Tool to aid in the placement symmetry of the words. The top eight were stamped with Smoky Slate ink and the bottom one was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Silver Embossing Powder.
- Layered Die-Cuts: (3½” x 1¾”) Brushed Silver cardstock and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter Paper. Two Swirled Stars die-cuts were created using the Stitched Star Dies set. The Silver Swirl was layered over the Dazzling Diamond Glitter Swirl. The resultant die-cut Dazzling Diamond Stars were set into the openings of the Silver Swirl.
- In lieu of a sentiment banner, I chose to die-cut a single Brushed Silver Star, also from the Stitched Stars Dies set. I added a small piece (approximately 3”) of the retired Smoky Slate Stitched Ribbon (that I still have on hand) under the Star to create a “shooting star” effect.
I love Winter White with Gray and a touch of Blue. Frosty nights, stars and snowflakes, these are images that come to mind with these colors. For the Tic Tac Toe challenge, here is how I fulfilled my chosen row: Tic – Glitz (Dazzling Diamonds Glitter paper and Shimmery White cardstock), Tac – FREE and Toe – Christmas (Sentiment – Peace and Happiness)
Wishing you all Peace and Happiness this Season.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: X66GWHEP (December 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
8 thoughts on “Stitched Stars – Winter Peace and Happiness”
What a beauty you created here with this gorgeous die, so elegant! Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month!
WOW! Love the inlaid stars, gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at The Fusion Card Challenge, hope to see you again in 2022. Claire DT
Love the repeating sentiment and explosion of layered stars Jolanda – fabulous! Thanks for joining us over at TicTacToe this week!
And for playing at The Paper Players too!
Jolanda, you’ve found the cutest way to add the ‘tail’ to your shooting star! I’ll be sharing this one with my husband who spends lots of time photographing the Heavens!
I love the second generation/repeated stamping of that sweet sentiment – just love seeing this beauty in our Inspired By gallery! Thanks so much for playing along!
That inlaid die looks gorgeous against your clever sentiment background Jolanda! Thank you for sharing at the Tic Tac Toe challenge! Vicky x
Your sparkling stars make me smile, Jolanda! This is a festive card, filled with fun! Thanks so much for adding it to our IB gallery!
LikeLiked by 1 person
What a beautiful, celestial treasure! I love the shooting star, the trail of stars, it’s so shimmery and perfect! Thank you for inspiring us @IB!