Our current challenge at HANDSTAMPED SENTIMENTS (#378) is a Color Challenge.
Playing around with the Iconic Dies. I chose the floral inspiration photograph and the sketch from the Inspired By Challenge (#197) to create my card.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4⅛” x 5⅜”) Merry Merlot cardstock.
- Image Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Focal Image – Winter Rose and Greenery.
- Using the Floral die and the Fern die from the Iconic Dies set, I created Stencils using Copy Paper.
- Using a Blending Brush, I added Merry Merlot ink over the Floral Stencil resulting in the White Rose.
- Using a Sponge Dauber, I added two Ferns in Soft Succulent ink and one Fern in Evening Evergreen ink.
- The sentiment, Hello, from the retired Life is Beautiful stamp set was stamped with Merry Merlot ink. I chose this sentiment because I really like the font.
- Three Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels – Light Green were added to complete the card and match the sketch.
These three colors work so nicely together and blending and sponging created soft and pretty images.
I hope you will join us. I cannot wait to see what you will make with these colors!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.