Our current challenge at CARDZ 4 GUYZ (#285) is to use Shades of Brown.
I chose Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Cinnamon Cider, Soft Suede and Early Espresso.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Cinnamon Cider cardstock.
- Top Panel: (5½” x 2½”) exposed card front to reflect the panel.
- Middle Panel: (5½” x 2½”) Crumb Cake cardstock die-cut with the Hill die from the retired Pine Wood Dies set. The top of the Hill was sponged with Cinnamon Cider ink using a Sponge Dauber for separation and depth of the scene.
- Bottom Panel: (5½” x 1) Very Vanilla cardstock die-cut with the Snow die from the same die set. The top of the Snow Bank was sponged with Crumb Cake ink. The sentiment, Thinking of You, from the retired In the Pines stamp set was stamped with Soft Suede ink.
- Tag: (2” x 4”) Soft Suede cardstock die-cut with the largest Tag die from the Tailor Made Tags Dies set. Braided Linen Trim (approximately 3”, still in my stash) was added to the top of the Tag.
- Tag Inset: (1¾” x 3¼”) Very Vanilla cardstock. The Deer image from the Nature’s Beauty stamp set was stamped with Soft Suede ink. I chose to leave the Deer as is, but it can also be colored. The edges were sponged with Cinnamon Cider ink for a bit of a vintage look.
- To complete the scene, I die-cut two Trees from the Pine Woods Dies set in Soft Suede and Early Espresso cardstock.
All of the elements were adhered together to resemble the sketch layout. The Hill was set flush with the card’s bottom edge and the Snow as added on top, also flush, but I did not add adhesive to the top left edge, so I could tuck in the Tag. The Trees were overlapped and added into the Snow Bank. I added a little squiggle of Soft Suede ink to the base of the Trees, using the Stampin’ Write Marker, to ground them. The Season’s Greeting sentiment (not shown) from the In the Pines stamp set is stamped inside the card.
A clean line card in various shades of brown…works well for a male friend…Holiday Greetings.
I hope it has given you some inspiration and that you will decide to join us for this challenge and post your creations. I look forward to seeing what you will make?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.