Hi, welcome back! Deadlines, deadlines and a few more deadlines.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Night of Navy cardstock.
- Background Panel: (5¼” x 4”) Basic White cardstock. The sentiment, Best Wishes, from the Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set was stamped with Night of Navy ink off to the right side.
- Shape – Square: (2⅛” x 2⅛”) Balmy Blue cardstock die-cut with the same sized square die from the retired Stitched Shapes Dies set.
- Focal Image – Blue Jay: (2¼” x 1½”) Night of Navy, Smoky Slate and Basic White cardstock scraps. The Bird from the Iconic Dies set was die-cut three times in each of the colors. The Night of Navy Bird was used as the frame and the Smoky Slate and Basic White cut-outs were Paper-Pieced back in to the frame to create the Breast and Feathers of the Bird.
- Horizontal Cross Strip – Branches: (3½” x 1”) Crumb Cake cardstock scraps were die-cut with the Branch die from the same set of Iconic Dies.
The Square was set on the diagonal and the Bird was placed upon it. The Branches were arranged to represent the cross strip and the sentiment was added above the Branch placement. All was adhered to resemble the sketch.
We have lots of Cardinals around and about in the trees and at my bird feeder, but it seems that they hide in the Winter and the Blue Jays take over. I rarely see the Blue Jays, once Spring has arrived.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.