I think this will be the last one for today…It has been a productive Sunday in the Studio.
Colors and Inspiration were provided by The Card Concept Challenge (#164) and I selected the current Atlantic Hearts Sketch (#448) to use for the card I created.
I love the warm cozy feel portrayed in the photograph and I gravitated to the colors and checked pattern of the chair for a simple card instead of adding the traditional Holiday items like the stars, poinsettias, stockings, swags and tree.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Cinnamon Cider cardstock.
- Background Panel: opted out
- Block Pattern: Crumb Cake and Cherry Cobbler cardstock and the Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Crumb Cake and Whisper White patterned piece of paper from the retired Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper pack.
- Two blocks Crumb Cake cardstock cut to (2⅝” x 1¼”).
- Four blocks Cherry Cobbler cardstock punched out with the retired (1¼”) Square Punch. The blocks were then dry-embossed with the new Gingham Embossing Folder (available January 2022) for texture.
- Four Plaid blocks were also punched out with the same punch.
- Large Sentiment: (8” x 1½”) Early Espresso cardstock. I chose the words: Merry and Holidays, from the retired Merry Christmas Thinlits Dies for the sentiment.
- Everything was adhered to resemble the sketch.
I am sitting by the fireplace all wrapped up in this cozy blanket enjoying a little Holiday Cheer. Want to share a hot Toddy with me?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
6 thoughts on “Cozy Christmas – Merry Holidays”
The plaid paper with the plaid embossing folder make a great combination. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts 🙂
What a great card. I love all of the patterns and textures.
Thank you for sharing with us over at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
Anna, Design Team
I love the colour scheme on this card, so pretty and rustic feeling. I love the added texture on the cardstock squares, great touch! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).
DT member AHSC
I love plaid and paring it with the embossed paper is a win! Great way to use our sketch. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I loved this sketch too and I love what you’ve done with it. Your attention to detail, like getting ALL the plaids centered and even, really appeals to me, and the big sentiments are perfect! So happy you shared this with us at The Card Concept this week!
adorable! thank you so much for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
LikeLiked by 1 person