Happy Sunday! It will be a day filled with cardmaking…and I am working through a few challenges.
Over at Double Trouble (#97B), they have partnered with the Try Stampin’ On Tuesday team to use the Sketch (#533) for a Peek-a-Boo Card Style. For the theme, I selected the current Make My Monday (#162) suggestion.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- A Peek-a-Boo opening was die-cut into the card front with the (1⅞”) circle die from the Layering Circles Dies set.
- A Pool Party card stock Circle Frame (2⅛”) was die-cut using both the (2⅛”) and (1⅞”) circle dies and added to the Peek-a-Boo opening.
- The sentiment, Love Never Melts, from the retired Spirited Snowmen stamp set was added with Bermuda Bay ink under the opening.
- Side Panel: (2” x 4”) Basic White cardstock dry-embossed with the Snowflake Wintry 3D Embossing Folder.
- Accent Trim (Tape): (½” x 4”) Colorful Hearts patterned piece of paper from the Hostess Pattern Party Designer Series Paper pack used as a mock Washi Tape instead of Twine because I did not want to cover the embossed snowflakes.
- Peek-a-Boo Image: The Snowmen Couple image from the Spirted Snowmen stamp set was stamped inside the card beneath the opening with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- The Couple was then colored with a variety of Watercolor Pencils: Granny Apple Green, Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Early Espresso and Balmy Blue to match the patterned paper.
- A Blender Pen was used to smooth out the colors creating a soft Watercolor effect.
- Pool Party ink Snowflakes were added to the scene using the Snowflake stamp from the same stamp set.
- The sentiment, May your days…, from the retired Curvy Christmas stamp set was added with Bermuda Bay ink to complete the inside of the card.
Spirited Snowmen is one of my all-time favorite stamp sets. The characters are so cute and they always make me smile when I see them.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.