Welcome back! There is really something very elegant when you combine black with silver. I recall a lovely LBD (Little Black Dress) I wore to a fancy-dress party at Holiday Time. I chose to hand sew a string of Rhinestones around the neckline and the sleeve cuffs. The silvery sparkle elevated that simple dress to sophisticated glam.
So here too, using the colors suggested by the Paper Player Team Challenge (#567), the layout from the Freshly Made Sketch Challenge (#512), the Quote from the Time Out Challenge (#201) and a little glitter, this card went to town.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic Black cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Smoky Slate cardstock.
- Acetate Overlay: (4” x 5¼”) Silver Printed Side of one of the patterns from the retired Golden Garden Designer Specialty Acetate.
- Cross Strip: (4” x 1¼”) Black Glitter cardstock
- Sentiment Label Strip: (4” x ⅝”) Brushed Silver cardstock. The truncated sentiment, Christmas Wishes, from the retired Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Black Embossing Powder.
- Focal Image – Christmas Bauble: (2” x 2½”) Die-cut with the retired Merry Tags Dies set
- Ornate Bauble cut from retired, but ever so pretty, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter Paper.
- Solid Bauble Background cut from Brushed Silver cardstock.
- Bauble Ribbon: (3”) retired Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon tucked through the Hanger Loop.
All of the elements were adhered to the card base and a Basic Rhinestone Jewel was added to the top of the Bauble on the ribbon as an ode to my dress.
Hope your Holiday Season includes a little sparkle!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.