Over at the Double Trouble Challenge (#97A) Site, the current theme is Coffee. How could I resist? Their Twist this time is to partner up with Try Stampin’ On Tuesday using their Challenge Sketch (#532) and as a Double Dare – enter the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop. I’m game…
I inverted the sketch as it better suited the piece of patterned paper I chose.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Soft Succulent cardstock.
- Right Panel: (2½” x 4⅛”) Vintage Coffee Pots patterned piece of paper from the retired Coffee Break Designer Series Paper pack. The edges of the patterned paper were sponged with Crumb Cake ink using a Sponge Dauber for a bit of an antique look.
- Right Panel Accent Mat: (2⅝” x 4¼”) Mint Macaron cardstock.
- Left Panel: (2” x 3⅝”) Basic White cardstock.
- The sentiment, Happiness is a cup…, from the retired Coffee Café stamp set was stamped in Versamark ink and again in Soft Suede ink and heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder.
- The Coffee Rings and Splatter images from the retired Timeless Textures stamp set were stamped with Crumb Cake ink. Rings – 1st Generation (full color) and Splatters – 2nd Generation (stamped off once).
- The edges of the cardstock piece were sponged with Crumb Cake ink adding an aged look.
- Left Panel Accent Mat: (2⅛” x 3⅝”) Soft Suede cardstock.
- Tab: (1¾” x ¾”) Soft Suede cardstock scrap. The sentiment, You Light Up My Life, from the retired Jar of Love stamp set was stamped with Versamrk ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder. The Tab edges were created by using the Corner Rounder design from the Detailed Trio Punch.
All of the elements were adhered together to resemble the inverted sketch. The Tab was tucked in at the bottom of the Right Panel because it looks best there and the Left Panel was popped up with Dimensionals.
What could be better than having coffee with friends? Not much beats that in my books!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
My choice of Designer Series Paper – Coffee Break has both a Vintage Vibe and a Masculine Feel, so I will also add this card to the Make My Monday Challenge (#161) and Watercooler Wednesday Challenge (#329).
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.