And Tuesday has rolled around again! I am working with the Case-ing Tuesday Facebook Challenge (#330).
I did change the orientation to vertical from horizontal and flipped the two panels putting the taller one on top of wider one.
Challenge: TTTC139 * Tic – Gift (Arm Load of Presents); Tac – Non-Traditional Holiday Colors (Purple, Blue and Green); and Toe – Patterned Paper (Penguin Playmates and In Color 2021-2023 Collection)
Challenge: IBC195C * Tag Shape
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Highland Heather cardstock.
- Background Panel (4” x 5¼”) In Color 2021 – 2023 Color Collection Designer Series Paper – Fresh Freesia Square Blocks.
- Wide Panel: (3” x 3½”) The Multi-Dot patterned paper piece from the Penguin Playmates Designer Series Paper (Fall Sale-a-bration Free selection)
- Tall Panel – Tag: (2” x 4½”) Mint Macaron cardstock. The Tag Shape was created by using the retired Ornate Tag Topper Punch. The body of the Tag was scored using the Paper Trimmer Scoring Blade.
- Sentiment Label: (3½” x ¾”) Highland Heather cardstock. The sentiment, May this special season…, from the Perfectly Plaid stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder. The label shape was created by using the Treasured Tags Pick A Punch.
- Focal Image – Girl with Gifts: (2” x 4”) Basic White cardstock. The two coordinating images (Skirt and Legs) and (Arms of Gifts) were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The image of the Girl was then Fussy Cut and colored with a variety of Stampin’ Blends: Ivory, Soft Sea Foam, Mint Macaron, Just Jade, Fresh Freesia, Highland Heather and Misty Moonlight. These colors were chosen to match the Penguin Playmates Designer Series Paper piece. Additionally, the Skirt was stamped again on to another patterned piece of paper (the reverse side – Dotted Stripe) from the In Color Collection of Designer Series Paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. A little shading was added with the Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blend. The Skirt was Fussy Cut and Paper Pieced over the original stamped Skirt to add a little interest and visual texture.
- Ribbon Embellishment: White Crinkled Seam Binding was colored with the Dark Highland Heather Stampin’ Blend and tied to the top of the Tag.
I took a few liberties with the Sketch but overall, all the elements are accounted for; Tall panel, wide panel, label and ribbon. I hope you like how I interpreted the sketch and all the other ideas presented by the challenges: non-traditional colors, patterned papers and a holiday tag.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
I will add this card to the Alphabet Challenge – Letter ‘P” for Patterned paper.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
Seasonal Sale is happening now. November 16 – 18, 2021. Paper, Ink and Dies, oh my!