Our current challenge at CARDZ 4 GUYZ (#284) is to use Checks, Gingham and/or Plaid.
By adding color to a black and white patterned piece of paper, you can make it work for any color scheme. For this card, I added Pool Party ink with a Brayer to the checked pattern found in the Hostess Pattern Party Designer Series Paper pack.
I also, just received the new In the Moment stamp set (Sneak Peek Sentiment) from the upcoming January – June 2022 Mini Catalog for attending the Stampin’ Up! ON-STAGE Convention and wanted to use it! It is a great companion set to the current A Good Man stamp set. I selected the current card layout from the Try Stampin’ On Tuesday Challenge (#532) to bring my design ideas together.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic Black cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Pool Party cardstock dry-embossed with the Bark 3D Embossing Folder. This texture suggests Sand and/or Water.
- Left Panel: (2¼” x 3¾”) Black and White Cross-Hatch Check patterned piece of paper from the Hostess Pattern Party Designer Series Paper pack. Pool Party ink was added to the panel with a Brayer.
- Right Panel: (2” x 3¾”) Basic Black cardstock. The Fellow in the Beach Chair image from the A Good Man stamp set and the sentiment, Sometimes the most productive…, from the In the Moment stamp set were stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder. The T-Shirt, Shorts and Hat were colored with the White Watercolor Pencil. I like this treatment of adding shading / coloring to a piece of dark cardstock.
- Tab: (¾” x 1½”) Basic White cardstock scrap. The truncated sentiment words, Your Way, from the A Good Man stamp set were colored using the Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker and then stamped. The Tab edges were created by using the Corner Rounder design from the Detailed Trio Punch.
All of the elements were adhered together to resemble the sketch layout. A simple, no-nonsense card for any man in your life that needs to be reminded that stopping and taking a breather is often the best therapy!
I hope I have given you some inspiration and that you will decide to join us for this challenge and post your creations. I look forward to seeing what you will make?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
3 thoughts on “In the Moment – Relax Your Way”
How fun that we both used the TRY STAMPIN ON TUESDAY sketch for our current challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! I didn’t notice that we did until I was reading and commenting on team members entries. It ended up being a great sketch for this gingham, checks and plaid challenge. As always you have offered great inspiration to those who decide to play along with us..
What a wonderful card, Jolanda!! I love the colors and how you created your own Pool Party panel. The card just comes together so well! And of course it’s a great interpretation of our Try Stampin’ on Tuesday sketch! Thank you for sharing your creativity once again with us at TSOT!!! -Donna
Oh wow, I love this, Jolanda! A perfect guy card, with such sophisticated touches – love that you colored that background DSP, and the wispy look of your focal image. Brava! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!