Sometimes you just need a card that expresses how you feel and the message is the center piece.
I picked the sketch layout from the “Clean Team” over at Freshly Made Sketches (Challenge #511) asking you to keep your card clean and fresh. The colors suggested by the Team over at Just Add Ink (Challenge #580) were so beautiful and like the group name, I just added ink. The current Tic Tac Toe Board (Challenge #139) had a line that made everything come together. It was hard not to add more…layers, embellishments, etc. I kept reminding myself to keep the card clean and simple.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (11” x 4¼” scored at 5½”) Evening Evergreen cardstock.
- Background Panel: (3½” x 2½”) Evening Evergreen cardstock. The center of the panel was die-cut with the small Filigree Frame from the Eden Dies set.
- In Lay: (3½” x 2½”) Gold Foil cardstock also die-cut with the Filigree Frame.
- In Set: (3½” x 2½”) Blushing Bride cardstock. The sentiment, A True Friend…, from the Bamboo Beauty stamp set was stamped in Versamark ink and again in Evening Evergreen ink and heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder. The sentiment was framed with and die-cut using the Filigree Frame again.
- The three pieces, Evening Evergreen frame support background panel, Gold Foil Filigree Frame and Blushing Bride sentiment piece were fitted together to create the inlaid design.
- Embellishment: (1” x 2”) Gold Foil cardstock. The Little Leaf Sprig from the Eden Dies set was die-cut to add a little interest.
A striking card. Perfect for the friend I have in mind.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.