Sometimes you just need a card that expresses how you feel and the message is the center piece.
I picked the sketch layout from the “Clean Team” over at Freshly Made Sketches (Challenge #511) asking you to keep your card clean and fresh. The colors suggested by the Team over at Just Add Ink (Challenge #580) were so beautiful and like the group name, I just added ink. The current Tic Tac Toe Board (Challenge #139) had a line that made everything come together. It was hard not to add more…layers, embellishments, etc. I kept reminding myself to keep the card clean and simple.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (11” x 4¼” scored at 5½”) Evening Evergreen cardstock.
- Background Panel: (3½” x 2½”) Evening Evergreen cardstock. The center of the panel was die-cut with the small Filigree Frame from the Eden Dies set.
- In Lay: (3½” x 2½”) Gold Foil cardstock also die-cut with the Filigree Frame.
- In Set: (3½” x 2½”) Blushing Bride cardstock. The sentiment, A True Friend…, from the Bamboo Beauty stamp set was stamped in Versamark ink and again in Evening Evergreen ink and heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder. The sentiment was framed with and die-cut using the Filigree Frame again.
- The three pieces, Evening Evergreen frame support background panel, Gold Foil Filigree Frame and Blushing Bride sentiment piece were fitted together to create the inlaid design.
- Embellishment: (1” x 2”) Gold Foil cardstock. The Little Leaf Sprig from the Eden Dies set was die-cut to add a little interest.
A striking card. Perfect for the friend I have in mind.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
4 thoughts on “A True Friend Touches Your Heart”
I love this sentiment and the way you’ve framed it! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!
Simply elegant! love the gold inlaid diecuts! Glad you joined us at FMS!
Love the evergreen base with the Blush and Gold inlay, very effective and elegant Jolanda. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.x
I really like the effect of the intricate gold die cut framing the inlaid sentiment. So elegantly simple and a lovely way to use the challenge colours. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink.
LikeLiked by 1 person