Welcome back! Today I created a clean and simple card – for CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge (#445) and the Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge (November 2021) using the lovely Snowflake Stencil from the Adorning Designs Decorative Masks.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Accent Panel: (4⅛” x 5⅜”) Pool Party cardstock
- One Layer Focal Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Basic White cardstock
- Rectangle Shape: (3” x 2¼”) I cut a piece of Copy Paper to match the cardstock sized panel. I tore out a section of the copy paper to use as a Mask. I applied Pool Party ink with a Blending Brush to create the rectangle shaped background.
- Circle Shape – Large Snowflake: (2¼”) I selected a large Snowflake from the Snowflake Adorning Designs Decorative Mask and added it to the blended background with a Sponge Dauber using Balmy Blue ink.
- Snowflake Cascade: a variety of smaller Snowflakes from the Snowflake Adorning Designs Decorative Mask were also added individually to the panel for interest in the same color ink and the same method.
- Ever so lovely and sparkly, but difficult to see, each Snowflake shines because they were painted with the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush.
- Sentiment: I chose to use the sentiment, Each snowflake…, from the retired Snow is Glistening stamp set because it suited the card so well. The sentiment was stamped directly to the panel with Bermuda Bay ink.
A wintery clean and simple card. There is a magical quality to being caught among a swirling tumble of snowflakes. Did you try to catch one on your tongue when you were a child? Do you still?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4KZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.