Welcome back! A quick little card for you today.
The color challenge presented by the Global Design Project (#317) ties in really well with the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Suite – Whimsy and Wonder (Holiday Catalog – page 24). It is very pretty and the colors are lovely…
…Can’t have everything, so I decided to see if I could create something similar with the products, I have on hand using the layout from the Sketch Saturday (#685) challenge.
Let’s see how I did:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Blushing Bride cardstock.
- Background Panel: (5¼” x 4”) Blushing Bride cardstock dry-embossed with the Snowflake patterned Wintry 3D Embossing Folder.
- Square Panel: (2⅛” x 2⅛”) Blushing Bride cardstock scrap dry-embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
- Accent Strips: (2½” x ¾”) Pink Pirouette cardstock (retired from Scrap Bin) dry-embossed twice in a cross-hatch pattern with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. I chose this color to act as a break between the square panel and the background panel. The lighter color works nicely and keeps the “pink” vibe going.
- Sentiment Flag: (5¼” x ¾”) Silver Spotted Vellum from the retired Winter Wonderland Specialty Designer Series Paper pack. I chose not to flag the end and added the sentiment, Season’s Greetings, from the Joyful Life stamp set. The sentiment was stamped in Versamark ink and again in Misty Moonlight ink and then heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder for a soft shiny look.
- Focal Image – Trees: Using the Tree die from the Majestic Mountains Dies set, I die-cut two trees, one in Misty Moonlight and the other in Mint Macaron cardstock. The bottom of the Misty Moonlight Tree was trimmed for a shorter but tall skinny tree and the top of the Mint Macaron Tree was trimmed to create a shorter fuller tree. Very hard to see and looking so pretty and sparkly is the Wink of Stella Glitter that was added to the Tree Branches.
The card was put together to resemble the sketch. Soft pretty colors for an unconventional Holiday card. Are you a fan of this color combination for Christmas cards? I have a hard time because I am really a red and green girl. One thing is for sure, I love that challenges often push me outside of my comfort zone.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Seasonal Greetings, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.