It is an exciting day. ON-STAGE @ HOME, Stampin’ Up!’s Convention starts tonight and runs on through to Saturday. Not sure how much time I will have to create and blog, so I am trying to get ahead.
Working on combining a few challenges…are you ready?
Sketch: Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge (#631) and the Colors and Theme: The Card Concept Challenge (#163). My card will also fit with the Colors and Theme from this month’s If You Give a Girl a Cookie – Cookie Challenge (#162) and the Stampin’ Up! Only Challenge (#288) Theme.
Here is the result:
Note: I chose the decorative leaves and spray sprigs in the table decoration and the suggested coordinating colors from the Card Concept inspiration photo
Note: I chose the Leave Cookie and the colors; Green, Yellow and Brown from the Cookie inspiration photo.
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Soft Succulent cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4″ x 5¼”) Soft Succulent cardstock dry-embossed along the bottom with the Stitched Lines die from the Stitched Leaves Dies set.
- Large Banner: (2½’ x 4”) Leaf patterned piece of paper from the Hostess Pattern Party Designer Series Paper pack. The Leaves were colored with Light Soft Succulent, Light Cajun Craze and Dark Mango Melody (retired) Stampin’ Blends. The Flagged End was die-cut using one of the square dies from the retired Layering Squares Dies set.
- Accent Banner: (2¾” x 4½”) Mango Melody cardstock. The Flagged End was die-cut the same way as previously described.
- Double Flag Sentiment Label: (4” x ¾”) Basic Black cardstock scrap. The sentiment, Thanks, from the Hand-Penned Petals stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder. The label ends were flagged, by hand, using Paper Snips.
- Focal Image – Wheat Grass: Using the Wheat Grass die from the Harvest Dies set, I die-cut the image from Cinnamon Cider cardstock, trimmed the ends, pinched it together and added a Basic White Baker’s Twine Bow.
The card was put together to resemble the sketch. I like how this card came together. The colors are rich and the black adds drama. I hope you like it too!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.