Hi! Today I am having fun with the Inspired By Sketch and Theme Challenge (#194). This time of year we are experiencing the Fall/Autumn colors (They are peaking in my area at the moment) and getting our homes ready to welcome friends and family over for Thanksgiving.
A few other challenges fit this theme too. The Tic Tac Toe Challenge Board (#138); The Stampin’ Up! Only Challenge (#288); and additionally, colors suggested by the Color Throw Down Challenge (#668).
Let’s see the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Crumb Cake cardstock chosen as my neutral color.
- Background Panel: (3½” x 4¾”) Misty Moonlight cardstock dry embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder for a cozy homespun feel.
- Wreath Support: (2¾” x 2¾”) Gold Foil die-cut with the Swirled Circle die from the Painted Labels Dies set.
- Wreath Foliage – Leafy Sprigs: Using the little Leafy Sprig die from the Eden Dies set, 10 Sprigs, two of each, were cut from Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Cinnamon Cider, Tangerine Tango (retired from scrap bin) and Cajun Craze cardstock scraps. The Sprigs were arranged and adhered to the Gold Foil Wreath Support.
- Sentiment Circle: (1½”) Gold Foil. The sentiment, Your friendship…, from the now retired Fall Sale-a-bration Feels Like Home stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Black Embossing Powder. The sentiment was then die-cut using one of the circle openings from the Picture This Dies set. The sentiment circle was popped up with Dimensionals and added to the center of the Wreath.
The card was put together to resemble the sketch and I added a little double Linen Twine Bow to complete the Wreath.
How welcoming is this Wreath to all that come to visit? You are always welcome at my place anytime!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
9 thoughts on “Welcome Home, Friend”
This is such a lovely card! The rich colors and textures are a perfect match for the gold foil. Thanks for joining us at Inspired By!
Oh wow, Jolanda, what a gorgeous wreath! Such a pretty way to build it, and I love the layered gold foil! So splendid! Thanks so much for playing at SUO!
I like the elegance the gold adds to your wreath! This is a lovely card, Jolanda! Thanks so much for joining us at IB!
LikeLiked by 1 person
This is SO elegant, so beautiful, love the addition of the gold, that is so inspiring indeed! Thank you for inspiring us this week @IB!
Such a pretty fall card! I love how you used our colors! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Throwdown!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Such a rich combination of colors. Enjoyed the challenge. Thanks!
Such a lovely card Jolanda. Love the colours and the black embossed sentiment on the gold looks amazing. Great use of the eden dies! Thanks for taking part in the SUOchallenge hope to see you next time x Natalie
Jolanda, this is incredibly and uniquely stunning! Thank you so much for participating at Stampin’ Up! Only Challenges! We hope to see you back tomorrow and all through December for you to inspire us with your Christmas projects.
Lovely card, Jolanda! I love the fall leaf wreath with the gold paper, this looks amazing. Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges, hope to see you for the next challenge starting today!