Hi! Happy Sunday! Lovely bright day here but certainly crisp. I suspect the warmer jackets will need to come out of storage…
I am having a play with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (#445) and the colors from the CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge (#444). As the colors sent me in a Christmas card direction, I opted to add this card to the current As You See It Challenge (#262).
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Panel Top: (5¼” x 2¼”) Basic White cardstock dry-embossed with the Pine Branches folder from the Wintry 3D Embossing Folder set.
- Background Panel Bottom: (5¼” x 1¾”) Shade Spruce Dotted patterned paper piece from the retired Under the Mistletoe Designer Series Paper pack.
- Cross Strip (Ribbon): (5½” x ½”) Real Red cardstock scrap double dry-embossed in a cross-hatch pattern with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Sentiment Panel: (3¼” x 2”) Basic White cardstock. The sentiment, Thinking of You…, from the Merriest Moments stamp set was stamped in Shaded Spruce ink.
- Accent Mat: (3½” x 2¼”) Pear Pizzazz cardstock.
- Side Flag: (⅝” x 1⅛”) Plaid patterned paper piece from the same Under the Mistletoe Designer Series Paper pack.
- Shapes – Focal Image: Basic White cardstock. The two Poinsettia images were stamped with Real Red ink, The Holly Leaves were stamped with Shaded Spruce ink and the Leaf Spray was stamped with Pear Pizzazz ink. All of the images were die-cut with the coordinating dies from the Merriest Frames Dies set.
All of these elements were adhered to the card base to resemble the sketch. The Poinsettia was popped up with Dimensionals and one large Yellow Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewel was added to the center of the Poinsettia and it was surrounded by six Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels to add a little festive sparkle.
I had a high school part-time job working in a Florist Shop one Holiday season. The number of Poinsettia Plants that I cared for was enormous. Such a fun memory. What is your favorite color of Poinsettia. Me? I am still particularly fond of the velvety richness of the red color.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.