The current Global Design Project (#316) is to CASE (Copy And Selectively Edit) a card created by Stesha Bloodhart. Have a look. It is a beauty!
There is a lot going on…
- Theme – Christmas
- Colors – Sahara Sand, Cherry Cobbler, a couple of Greens and some light Browns.
- Embossing – Both Dry and Heat Set
- Style – Vintage and Distressed
- Embellishments – Twine Bow and Metallic Dots
- and let’s not forget the sketch layout – Square, Circle, Die Shape and Sentiment Strip.
From these elements, I chose the Sketch, the Theme, the Embossing, the Twine Bow and the “Dots”. As my card includes a Tree, a Snowflake, and cool toned colors, I opted to go with a clean and crisp style.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock. Chosen to support the “white” elements.
- Background Panel: (4⅛” x 5⅜”) retired Tranquil Tide cardstock dry-embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder. Tranquil Tide is one of my favorite colors and looks so nice with Pool Party. I chose a darker color panel so the Snowflake would be highly visible.
- Square Panel: (3¾” x 3¾”) retired Textured Pool Party cardstock (found in scrap bin). I miss this type of cardstock especially now that the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder has been retired.
- Circle: (2⅞”) Iridescent Foil Wonderful Snowflake.
- Sentiment Strip: (3¼” x ⅝”) Tranquil Tide cardstock scrap. The sentiment, Joy, from the retired Endless Wishes stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder. I chose this short word because I wanted to put the sentiment label behind my die-cut shape.
- Focal Image – Pine Tree: (2½” x 3½”) Shimmery White cardstock. The Pine Tree outline and fill-in Foliage two-step stamps were selected from the retired In the Pines stamp set. The outline Pine Tree was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and the fill-in Foliage was stamped with retired Tranquil Tide ink. Hard to see in the photo, but the Shimmer is visible in the Pine Tree.
- Embellishments: White Baker’s Twine was used to create the double bow and I selected Rhinestone Basic Jewels to add some winter sparkle.
All of the elements were adhered to the card base to resemble the sketch layout of the original cased card.
This card reminds me of a Winter Wonderland. I hope you like it!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.