Rainy dark day…perfect for hanging out in the Studio.
Working with the Sketch Saturday Challenge (#684). The challenge is to pick a sketch layout from the Archives and I chose (#313) from June 7, 2014. I opted to create an A2 card instead of a Square card.
You know I like to mix things up. So let’s add the colors from the Color Throw Down Challenge (#667) with the floral theme from the Flower Challenge (#62) and the technique for the Happy Little Stampers November Watercolor Challenge.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Pale Papaya cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4″ x 5¼”) Shimmery White cardstock. Just love that little sparkle.
- Top Left Panel: (1½” x 1½”) Petal Pink cardstock scrap dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Bottom Right Panel: (1½” x 3”) Peach Parfait cardstock scrap (from my bin stash) dry-embossed with the same embossing folder.
- Center Panel: (2¼” x 3¼”) Shimmery White cardstock.
- Center panel Accent Mat: (2⅜” x 3⅜”) Cherry Cobbler cardstock.
- Flags: (1″ x ¼”) Retired Gold Metallic Edged Ribbon colored with the Dark Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blend that was hand-snipped with Ribbon Scissors to create the flag cut ends.
- Focal Image – Floral Spray: (2½” x 4”) Shimmery White cardstock. This cardstock is ideal for water-coloring. The Floral Spray image from the, upcoming Jan – Jun 2022 Mini Catalog, Blessings from Home stamp set was stamped in Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder. The image was then water-colored with a variety of ink colors Direct from Lid using the Fine-Tipped Water Painter brush. Colors: Large Flowers – Petal Pink, Pale Papaya and Calypso Coral; Small Flowers – Blushing Bride and Cherry Cobbler; Leaves – Mint Macaron and Soft Succulent. Once the image was dry, it was die-cut with the coordinating die from the Flowers of Home Dies set.
All of the elements were arranged and adhered to the resemble the sketch. I chose not to use a sentiment because this card is suitable for any occasion and a sentiment can be added later to the inside.
Such a soft and pretty card. I think I am going to get a lot of use from this new Bundle.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.