Rainy dark day…perfect for hanging out in the Studio.
Working with the Sketch Saturday Challenge (#684). The challenge is to pick a sketch layout from the Archives and I chose (#313) from June 7, 2014. I opted to create an A2 card instead of a Square card.
You know I like to mix things up. So let’s add the colors from the Color Throw Down Challenge (#667) with the floral theme from the Flower Challenge (#62) and the technique for the Happy Little Stampers November Watercolor Challenge.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Pale Papaya cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4″ x 5¼”) Shimmery White cardstock. Just love that little sparkle.
- Top Left Panel: (1½” x 1½”) Petal Pink cardstock scrap dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Bottom Right Panel: (1½” x 3”) Peach Parfait cardstock scrap (from my bin stash) dry-embossed with the same embossing folder.
- Center Panel: (2¼” x 3¼”) Shimmery White cardstock.
- Center panel Accent Mat: (2⅜” x 3⅜”) Cherry Cobbler cardstock.
- Flags: (1″ x ¼”) Retired Gold Metallic Edged Ribbon colored with the Dark Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blend that was hand-snipped with Ribbon Scissors to create the flag cut ends.
- Focal Image – Floral Spray: (2½” x 4”) Shimmery White cardstock. This cardstock is ideal for water-coloring. The Floral Spray image from the, upcoming Jan – Jun 2022 Mini Catalog, Blessings from Home stamp set was stamped in Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder. The image was then water-colored with a variety of ink colors Direct from Lid using the Fine-Tipped Water Painter brush. Colors: Large Flowers – Petal Pink, Pale Papaya and Calypso Coral; Small Flowers – Blushing Bride and Cherry Cobbler; Leaves – Mint Macaron and Soft Succulent. Once the image was dry, it was die-cut with the coordinating die from the Flowers of Home Dies set.
All of the elements were arranged and adhered to the resemble the sketch. I chose not to use a sentiment because this card is suitable for any occasion and a sentiment can be added later to the inside.
Such a soft and pretty card. I think I am going to get a lot of use from this new Bundle.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
3 thoughts on “Blessings of Home – Watercolor Floral”
Beautiful card, love the layers and this wondrful stamped image. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam
LikeLiked by 1 person
Very pretty watercolored image and I like how you “accessorized” on the card.Thanks for joining Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge.