Hi! Welcome back! I had a bit of a play in the Studio this morning. I created a card for the Try Stampin’ on Tuesday Challenge (#530) and the Tic Tac Toe Challenge (#137).
Then I re-created it with the colors from the current Facebook Colour INKspiration Challenge (#110). It is interesting how changing colors make a difference in the overall impression of the card.
Here are the results:
Steps for Card One:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Shaded Spruce cardstock.
- Side Panel: (3″ x 5¼”) Very Vanilla cardstock dry-embossed with the Timber 3D Embossing Folder.
- Side Trim: (1″ x 5¼”) Garden Green and Basic Black Plaid pattern from the retired Warmth and Cheer Designer Series Paper pack.
- Tag: (1⅞” x 4½”) Kraft Paper. The edges of the Tag Box were embossing using the Simply Scored™ Scoring Tool. Garden Green Twine from the retired Country Club Twine pack was wrapped around the top of the Tag and another piece was looped through the Hole.
- Focal Image – Tree: (1¾” x 3¾”) Garden Green cardstock die-cut with one of the tree dies from the Majestic Mountain Dies set.
- Sentiment Circle: Garden Green cardstock. The sentiment, A Happy Hello to You, from the September 2016 Paper Pumpkin Kit – Something Good To Eat was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder. The sentiment was punched out with the retired One Inch Circle Punch.
CHANGES for Card Two:
- Card Base: Pale Papaya cardstock.
- Side Panel: Shaded Spruce cardstock dry-embossed.
- Side Trim: Basic White and Basic Black Plaid pattern from the Pattern Party Designer Series Paper pack colored with Shaded Spruce ink applied with a Brayer.
- Tag: Cajun Craze cardstock dry-embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder. Linen Thread wrapped around the top and bottom of the Tag.
- Focal Image – Tree: Basic Black cardstock.
- Sentiment Circle: (1”) Pale Papaya cardstock. The sentiment, It’s Your Day from the A Good Man stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Black Embossing Powder.
All of the elements were arranged and adhered to the match the sketch. Which is your favorite?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
3 thoughts on “Majestic Tree Tag – Sketch Challenge”
Jolanda, BOTH your cards are wonderful!!! Love the colors in the second one, but love the timber embossed background, and the extra touch of scoring a rectangle on the tag for your first one!! How talented you are!!! Thank you for sharing that talent and your lovely cards with us at Try Stampin’ on Tuesday!!! -Donna
Oh wow, Jolanda, two more beauties! I so love these tree dies, and how perfect they look over the tag shape, they really pop. I confess, that green buffalo check is my fave! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!
Great take on the sketch. I love all the texture that it has. Thanks for sharing this over at TSOT.
LikeLiked by 1 person