Over at TGIF (#340), the team has created a Mash-Up of the October Challenges. I chose the Colors (#336) and the Sketch (#337). What a fun way to play again with some great ideas!
Over at the Stampin’ Up! Only Challenges (#287), the request was to use favorite products from the Holiday Mini Catalog. I chose the stamp sets Delivering Cheer and Merriest Moments along with Black Glitter Paper.
My choices were influenced by the Inspired By (#193) challenge: Falling for Friends. Who wouldn’t bring a bouquet of flowers when visiting a friend on a cool star-filled fall evening?
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Blackberry Bliss cardstock.
- Background Panel (4” x 5¼”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Sentiment Label Strip: (4¼” x ½”) Blackberry cardstock. The truncated sentiment, Sending Love, from the Delivering Cheer stamp set was stamped in Versamark ink and hear-set with White Embossing Powder.
- Strip Accent: (4¼” x ½”) Very Vanilla cardstock. The single Leg Warmer Stocking image, from the Delivering Cheer stamp set, was stamped along the edge with Versamark ink and heat-set with Black Embossing Powder. The Knit image was colored with Light Blackberry Bliss and Light Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends. The edge was scalloped by hand with Paper Snips.
- Side Panels: (1” x 4¼) Basic Black cardstock. The Stars image, from the Merriest Moments stamp set was stamped repeatedly with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- Center Panel: (1”x 4½”) Black Glitter Paper. All Starry Nights need a little sparkle!
- Focal Image – Girl with Bouquet: (2″ x 4½”) Very Vanilla cardstock. The three image pieces, Coat and Legs, Arms and Bouquet and Leg Warmer Stockings from the Delivering Cheer stamp set were stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Black Embossing Powder. The resultant image was colored with both the Light and Dark Blackberry Bliss and Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends. The image was then fussy cut with Paper Snips.
All of the elements were adhered to the card base to resemble the sketch with the Girl popped up with Dimensionals.
I never visit empty handed. I hope my friend likes the flowers I have chosen for her. Enjoy!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.