I created this card for a few challenges. I wanted to keep the card simple but interesting using a few tools but essentially just Stamp, Ink and Paper. Enjoy!
Sketch: Paper Players (#564), Theme and Tools: Seize The Birthday (#225) and Color: Color Throw Down (#665).
Here is the result:
- For the Seize the Birthday Challenge, I selected three Decorative Masks. Tiny Diamonds – Adorning Designs, Dots – Basic Patterns and Floral Motif – Plenty of Patterns.
- Panels: (1¼” x 3½”) Basic White cardstock. Using a Sponge Dauber, the Decorative Mask and Ink Pad, the colors: Blushing Bride (Tiny Diamonds), Pool Party (Dots) and Highland Heather (Floral Motif) were applied through the Stencil on to the panels.
- Focal Image (Cupcake Shape): Basic White cardstock. The three images that make up the Cupcake, from the retired Hello Cupcake stamp set: Base Cup, Cake and Icing were stamped with Smoky Slate ink and then colored with Stampin’ Blends. Base Cup – Light Pool Party, Cake – Light Highland Heather and Icing – retired Dark Pink Pirouette. The image was fussy cut and the Icing was snipped off so that it could be popped up with Dimensionals.
- Flag Banner: (2¾” x ½”) Pool Party cardstock scrap. The sentiment, Happy Birthday, from the Timeless Tulips stamp set was stamped with Smoky Slate ink. The flag was snipped in by hand.
- All of the elements were adhered to a Smoky Slate card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) to match the sketch.
Pretty quick and pretty simple just using the Decorative Masks to add interest and color.
Who doesn’t love a Cupcake ?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: TAFZCQ3C (October 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
3 thoughts on “Hello Cupcake – Happy Birthday”
I love your stenciled panels, especially in those challenge colors! Very “sherbet-y” and yummy! Delicious cupcake as well! Thanks for playing along with my Paper Players sketch this week!
Love any card with a cupcake on it! Such a nice mix of papers and great job with the sketch too! Thanks for playing at both Seize the Birthday and The Paper Players!
Love the stenciled backgrounds Jolanda! Love the color combo, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!