Welcome back to the Studio! Playing with a few challenges today and created another Holiday card.
Sketch: TGIF (#337), Colors: Global Design Project (#313) and Technique: Just Us Girls (#605).
Here is the result:
- Technique (1) Heat Embossing with an Embossing Folder
- Panel Strips: (3” x 3¾”) Sahara Sand cardstock. Versamark ink was added to the “raised” pattern side of the Pine Branch Wintry 3D Embossing Folder with a Rubber Brayer. The cardstock was placed in the embossing folder and run through the Cut & Emboss Machine. Black Embossing Powder was added to the debossed pressed image and the powder was then heat-set with the Heat Tool. This created the glossy black embossed pine branch pattern on the cardstock. The panel was cut in three strips. Two at (⅞”) and one at (1¼”).
- Technique (2) Clear Color Embossing
- Sentiment Label: (3¼” x 1⅛”) Sahara Sand cardstock. The sentiment, …Love, Joy and Happiness…, from the Encircled in Warmth stamp set was inked with Versamark ink and then again with Real Red ink and stamped on to the label. The sentiment was heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder. To set the label apart from the background the edges were sponged with Real Red ink using a Sponge Dauber.
- Technique (3) Altering Designer Series Paper
- Sentiment Label Trim and Berries: (5” x 1”) The Be Dazzling Specialty Designer Series Paper (SAB-retired) was painted with Real Red Ink Refill and a Water Painter and left to dry. Once dry, the Real Red Sparkly Accent Strip was cut to (3¼” x ½”) and adhered to the bottom of the label. The Real Red Sparkly Berries, were created by using a (¼”) Hole Punch and added to the Pine Branch Panel Strips.
- Completing the Card…
- I chose to add a Sahara Sand background panel (4” x 5¼”) which was dry-embossing with the Timber 3D Embossing Folder as it mimicked a tree trunk supporting the pine branches.
- I also chose a Basic Black card (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) because I wanted to ground the pine branches. All elements were then arranged to match the sketch.
The card turned out nicely. I like the colors, a variation of Black, White and Red. Substituting Sahara Sand for the White lends the color combo a bit of warmth and coziness. Just perfect for wintry treatment.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: TAFZCQ3Q (October 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.