Our current challenge subject at CARDZ 4 GUYZ (#282) is Animals – Actual or Animated.
When I selected this category, I had just received the Joyful Life stamp set. All of those critters make me smile and I especially love the bike-riding pals.
I hope you decide to join us and I look forward to seeing what you will create!
I combined my stamp set choice with a current sketch: the Facebook Case-ing Tuesday Challenge (#326) and color: the Inspire Create Challenge (#101).
Here is the result:
To fit my biking friends, I flipped the sketch 90 degrees to the horizontal position.
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Very Vanilla cardstock dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Accent Strips: (¾” x 4¼”) Mint Macaron cardstock dry-embossed with the Stars from the Star-Crossed Embossing Folder; Highland Heather cardstock dry-embossed with the Hammered Metal 3D Embossing Folder; Pale Papaya cardstock dry-embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder; Misty Moonlight cardstock dry-embossed with the Checks from the Star-Crossed Embossing Folder; and Pool Party cardstock dry-embossed with the Dots Embossing Folder.
- Image Panel: (4½” x 3”) Crumb Cake cardstock. The Bike-Riding Pals stamp from the Joyful Life stamp set was stamped in Versamark ink and then again in Early Espresso ink and then heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder (Clear Color Embossing Technique). Using Bleach and an old fine-tipped Paint Brush, selective areas of the image were bleached: Bear’s Sweater and Ear, Rabbit, and Bicycle Frame. Once dry, the bleached areas were water-colored with a Water Painter with ink colors direct from Ink Pad lid: Sweater with Misty Moonlight ink and Mint Macaron ink. Bear’s Ear and Rabbit with Pale Papaya ink and the Bike Frame with Highland Heather ink. Bear’s Fur was highlighted with the Light Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blend and the Bike’s Basket was colored with the Light Crumb Cake and Light Pale Papaya Stampin’ Blends.
- Sentiment Label: (2” x ⅝”) Very Vanilla cardstock scrap. The sentiment, …Friends…, from the same stamp set, Joyful Friends was stamped with Misty Moonlight ink and Pool Party ink was added to the label edges with a Sponge Dauber.
Don’t these friends just want to make you smile?
Using Crumb Cake as the neutral color with these light sweet colors gives the card just enough gravitas to work nicely as a masculine card. I hope you like it!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: TAFZCQ3C (October 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.