Having another play in the Studio and creating for a few more challenges…
Sketch: Atlantic Hearts Sketch (#441) with the colors from the CAS Colours & Sketches (#440).
Here is the result:
I followed the sketch pretty much as is…
- Left Panel: (2⅜” x 3¾”) Black and White Leaf patterned paper piece from the Hostess Pattern Party Designer Series Paper pack. The Leaves were colored with the Poppy Parade, Pacific Point and Garden Green Stampin’ Write Markers.
- Right Panel: (2⅜” x 3¾”) Black and White Wave patterned paper piece from the now retired Sale-a-bration Beautifully Penned Designer Series Paper pack. The Waves were colored in with the Dark Basic Black Stampin’ Blend and the Poppy Parade, Pacific Point and Garden Green Stampin’ Write Markers.
- Watercolor Treatment: Both of the colored panels were spritzed with water using the Stampin’ Spritzer. Once dry, this had the effect of diluting the intensity of the colors that resulted from using the Markers and gave the panels a softer water-colored impression.
- Label Accent: (3” x 1¾”) Pacific Point cardstock scrap.
- Sentiment Label: (2¾” x 1½”) Basic White cardstock scrap. The sentiment, You Touched My Heart, from the Plentiful Plants stamp set was stamped with Pacific Point ink in the lower right corner.
- Embellishment Flower: Poppy Parade cardstock scrap die-cut with two different floral dies from the Pierced Blooms Dies set and Garden Green cardstock scrap die-cut with a leaf die from the same die set. The Flowers were stacked and the floral center is a small (½”) circle punched from a scrap of Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper.
- All of the elements were adhered to a Basic Black card base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) to match the sketch.
A fun bright floral card using hand-colored black and white patterned paper, making it your own!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: TAFZCQ3Q (October 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
3 thoughts on “Plentiful Plants – You Touched My Heart”
Great card, I love the bright colours…so pretty! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).
DT member AHSC
That’s gorgeous! Those colors look so good with the black. Thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
So bold Johanna! The brights go really well with black. Thank you for playing with my colours at CAS Colours & Sketches 🙂 Vicky x