Hi! Welcome back to the Inque Spot Studio. Domestic practicalities have interfered with my creative time. I am catching up and have combined three current challenges to bring you this super Okoberfest inspired card!
Sketch: Try Stampin’ On Tuesdays Challenge (#526), Theme: Stampin’ Up! Only Challenge (#285) and Colors: Color Throw Down Challenge (#663).
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Cinnamon Cider cardstock.
- Plaid Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Smoky Slate Plaid patterned paper piece from the retired Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper pack
- Top Triangular Overlap Accent: (4¼” x 2⅝”) Cajun Craze cardstock trimmed to fit.
- Plaid Top Triangular Panel: (3⅞” x 2¼”) Cinnamon Cider Plaid patterned paper piece also from the retired Plaid Tidings Designer Series paper pack trimmed to fit.
- Shape – Beer Bottles: Brushed Silver and Brushed Copper cardstock scraps. The smaller Beer Bottle stamp from the retired Bubble Over stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink on to the respective colored cardstocks and the images were then heat-set with Copper and Silver Embossing Powders, respectively. The images were then die-cut with the retired coordinating die from the Bottles & Bubbles Dies set.
- Sentiment: Smoky Slate cardstock scraps. The sentiments, Hooray! and I’ll drink to that!, from the retired Sip, Sip, Hooray stamp set were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The sentiments were then closely trimmed.
The colors Orange (Cinnamon Cider), Brown (Cajun Craze) and Gray (Smoky Slate) can be found in the sketch’s optional twist of Plaid Patterns . Hooray to the clinking Beer Bottles which evoke an Oktoberfest “Prost!”
This card is also a hello to my Canadian family and friends for a Happy Thanksgiving weekend.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: TAFZCQ3Q (October 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
One thought on “Oktoberfest – Sip, Sip, Hooray and Bubble Over!”
Love it, Jolanda! That plaid is perfect for the background, and I’ve never heat-embossed those bottles – brilliant! Thanks so much for playing at SUO AND TSOT!