Our current challenge at CARDZ 4 GUYZ (#281) is to create a Birthday card in Autumn colors.
I have been doing a little bit of a cleanup in the Studio. When I do this, I am always surprised by what I find. So, I decided to create this card from with some of those discoveries.
I chose one of my favorite clean and simple layouts. The upper central square block is always pleasing to my sensibilities and is ideal for showcasing lovely patterned paper.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Very Vanilla cardstock
- Accent Panel: (3¼” x 3¼”) Mossy Meadow cardstock
- Patterned Paper: (3” x 3”) Color Me Autumn Designer Series Paper (retired Circa 2014). Cutting a (12” x 12”) sheet of Designer Series Paper into (3”) squares yields 16 pieces. Two-sided patterns – lots of possibilities!
- Sentiment Flag: (3¾” x ¾”) Very Vanilla cardstock scrap. The sentiment, Happy Birthday, from the retired Bloom with Hope stamp set was stamped with Cajun Craze ink. I liked the font and it paired up nicely with the swaying Leaves in the patterned paper. The ends of the label were hand-flagged with Paper Snips.
- Buttons were all the rage a while back, and I have a bunch. I chose the small Gold Basic Metal Button to embellish the Sentiment Flag. I wrapped some Kraft colored Twine, that I have hanging out with my ribbons, around the label and knotted it through the Button holes.
I really like how quickly this style of card comes together. Mossy Meadow and Cajun Craze are great masculine colors for an Autumnal Birthday card. I hope you like it!
I am looking forward to seeing what you will create for challenge this time around! Don’t forget to share.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: TAFZCQ3C (October 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
One thought on “Color Me Autumn – Happy Birthday”
I love everything about this card!! What great inspiration to those who decide to play along with us over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! This “autumn colors birthday” card is gorgeous!!