Welcome back! Shall we embrace October 31st and create a little Halloween magic?
Sketch: CAS Colours and Sketches Challenge (#439) with the Just Us Girls Challenge (#604) and The Paper Players Challenge (#561) for the theme.
Here is the result:
- On a piece of Shimmery White cardstock, I blended the ink colors So Saffron, Mango Melody and Gorgeous Grape with Blending Brushes to create my Night Sky background.
- The Gate (times two) and the sentiment, Witches and Goblins…, from the retired Toxic Treats stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink on to the background I created and I heat-set the images with Black Embossing Powder. I use the retired Stamp-a-ma-jig Positioning Tool to line up the Gates and chose to omit the Raven.
- In another area of the created background, I also stamped the Moon and Bats and the Stars and Bat images from the retired Holiday Invitation stamp set with Versamark ink and heat-set with the Black Embossing Powder.
- The Gates were die-cut with the (3⅛” x 1¾”) rectangle die from the Stitched Rectangles Dies set and the Sentiment and Bats were die-cut with the (1⅝” x 1⅝”) square die from the retired Stitched Shapes Dies set.
- For the Halloween magic, I selected to use Black Glitter Paper for the background panel (4” x 5¼”). So sparkly!
- To make the stamped and embossed images pop against the black, I selected a Mango Melody card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”).
Are you ready for Halloween? I know it is early days yet, but the candy on the shelves is disappearing quickly…BOO! Have fun!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: TAFZCQ3C (October 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
5 thoughts on “Toxic Treats – Spooky Halloween”
Beautiful card! I love how you’ve use the sketch! Thanks so much for joining in at CC&S this week:)
Great way to use these images and the sketch! The sponging is spooky and fun! So happy you shared it with us at the Players this week!
Great Halloween card – love your custom blended background – a favorite technique of mine as well. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S
Fun Halloween card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CC&S!
Great “spook: themed card and a perfect sentiment!! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.