Let’s play with some Fall colors and create a fun Birthday card.
Here is the result:
- The “Topping” for the Seize the Birthday challenge is to add a “Cake”. I selected the Cake image from the retired Patterned Party stamp set because the various “layers” allowed me to add different colors directly to the stamp using Stampin’ Write Markers. The colors I chose were: Magenta Madness (Purple), Garden Green (Green), Crumb Cake (Kraft) and Mango Melody (Orange). To ensure that the colors were moist, I used the “Huff” method…huffing your breath over the stamp before stamping on your cardstock. The Cake was stamped on to a scrap of Basic White cardstock and then die-cut with the (1⅞”) circle die from the Layering Circles Dies set.
- The sentiment, NEWS FLASH…, from the retired Approaching Perfection stamp set was ideal because it too, could be multi-colored. Using the same method and materials as above, the sentiment was stamped and die-cut.
- The Candles, also from the Approaching Perfection stamp set was stamped the same way. The Candles were fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- The Garden Green Accent Mat (2⅛”) circles were die-cut with another die from the Layering Circles Dies set.
- Sketch Cross Strip: (3⅝” x 1”) the Black and White Cross Hatch pattern from the Pattern Party Designer Series Paper pack was colored with Crumb Cake ink and a Sponge Brayer. I chose to set this strip behind the Circles.
- For the Background Panel (4” x 5¼”), I chose Crumb Cake as the neutral to allow the Circle images to pop. The Cross Strip and Circles were adhered to the panel and the Candles were added to the top of the Cake.
- To keep the card bright and fun, I selected a Mango Melody card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”).
This is a gender-neutral birthday card but would be great for a guy! I am happy with how the card came together using this color palette.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: TAFZCQ3Q (October 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.