Working with the current Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge (#625) and one of my favorite retired stamp sets, Treasured Medallion instantly came to my mind.
Here is the result:
- The Medallion, from the Treasured Medallion stamp set was inked with Versamark ink and then again in Blackberry Bliss ink and stamped on to a piece of Shimmery White cardstock and then heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder. This technique is called: Clear Color Embossing and the benefit of this method is that you are able to emboss images in any ink color. The center circle design of the Medallion was die-cut with the (1⅜”) circle die from the Layering Circles Dies set.
- The Medallion stamp was cleaned and inked with Versamark ink again and stamped directly to a Blackberry Bliss cardstock square (3½” x 3½”) and heat-set with Silver Embossing Powder. The sentiment, Celebrate, is also from the same stamp set. The full sentiment was truncated with only the word “celebrate” highlighted with Versamark ink using a small hard brush and stamped in the lower right corner and then heat-set with White Embossing Powder contrasting with the sliver and introducing another “vanilla” element.
Putting it all together:
- A Basic Black cardstock accent circle mat (1½”) was added behind the Shimmery White die-cut circle. The mat circle was punched using the retired (1½”) Circle Punch. The two circles were adhered together and then popped up with Dimensionals over the center of the silver Medallion.
- A Silver Foil cardstock accent mat (3⅝” x 3⅝”) was added behind the Blackberry Bliss Focal image square.
- A Basic Black accent mat (3¾” x 3¾”) was then added.
- The completed panel was then adhered to a Very Vanilla card base (8½” x 4¼” scored at 4¼”) for a (4¼” x 4¼”) square card.
Such elegant colors for the lushness of the Medallion image. Heat-set Embossing is such a simple technique yet it adds so much. What are you celebrating?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: TAFZCQ3C (October 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.