Working with the current Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge (#625) and one of my favorite retired stamp sets, Treasured Medallion instantly came to my mind.
For this sketch, I chose the Colors from the TGIF Challenge (#336), the Tools/Technique from the Make My Monday Challenge (#158) and the Theme/Sentiment for the Inspire Create Challenge (#100).
Here is the result:
- The Medallion, from the Treasured Medallion stamp set was inked with Versamark ink and then again in Blackberry Bliss ink and stamped on to a piece of Shimmery White cardstock and then heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder. This technique is called: Clear Color Embossing and the benefit of this method is that you are able to emboss images in any ink color. The center circle design of the Medallion was die-cut with the (1⅜”) circle die from the Layering Circles Dies set.
- The Medallion stamp was cleaned and inked with Versamark ink again and stamped directly to a Blackberry Bliss cardstock square (3½” x 3½”) and heat-set with Silver Embossing Powder. The sentiment, Celebrate, is also from the same stamp set. The full sentiment was truncated with only the word “celebrate” highlighted with Versamark ink using a small hard brush and stamped in the lower right corner and then heat-set with White Embossing Powder contrasting with the sliver and introducing another “vanilla” element.
Putting it all together:
- A Basic Black cardstock accent circle mat (1½”) was added behind the Shimmery White die-cut circle. The mat circle was punched using the retired (1½”) Circle Punch. The two circles were adhered together and then popped up with Dimensionals over the center of the silver Medallion.
- A Silver Foil cardstock accent mat (3⅝” x 3⅝”) was added behind the Blackberry Bliss Focal image square.
- A Basic Black accent mat (3¾” x 3¾”) was then added.
- The completed panel was then adhered to a Very Vanilla card base (8½” x 4¼” scored at 4¼”) for a (4¼” x 4¼”) square card.
Such elegant colors for the lushness of the Medallion image. Heat-set Embossing is such a simple technique yet it adds so much. What are you celebrating?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: TAFZCQ3C (October 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
2 thoughts on “Treasured Medallions – Celebrate”
Beautiful medallion card! I love it in these colors. Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!
Oh my, this is absolutely lovely. The embossing is perfect. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.