The last card for today to complete the outstanding September challenges.
Stamp Set: Stamping Through the Catalog Facebook Challenge for today and Tools: Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge. (I missed this one …time zone / time out – oh well).
I mixed these two challenges with the current Color: Colour INKspiration Facebook Challenge (#108) and Sketch: Sketch Saturday (#679).
Let’s see what I came up with…
- Sketch Rectangle: (3” x 4¼”) Basic White cardstock. The panel was stenciled with the challenge colors; Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana, Fresh Freesia, Polished Pink and Balmy Blue. I used the Diamond pattern from the Adorning Designs Decorative Masks set. The panel was set with a temporary adhesive, covered with the stencil and the Diamonds were masked off with Painter’s Tape. The colors were applied with Sponge Daubers. To complete the design, I added small black circles/dots with a Fine-Tipped Black Journalizing Pen to make the Diamonds look like little Flowers.
- Accent Mat: (3¼” x 4½”) Basic Black cardstock.
- Circle Element: (1⅝”) Basic White cardstock scrap and (1⅞”) Daffodil Delight cardstock scrap die-cut with the Layering Circle Dies.
- The sentiment, Hope this card makes you smile, from the In Your Words FREE Hostess Sale-a-bration stamp set was inked with both the Coastal Cabana and Polished Pink Stampin’ Write Markers for a two-color stamped look.
- The completed panel was adhered to a Balmy Blue card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”).
When I started this card, I wasn’t sure how it would turn out. Adding the black dots and the black accent mat made all the difference. A simple layout, a nice pattern, a cute card!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: HUZ732BW (September 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
One thought on “In Your Words – Smile!”
Love your use of the colors for the sketch. It’s a clean, crisp card and it did make me smile. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week, Jolanda.