How is it possible that it is the last day of the September? A few challenges end today. Somehow I never got around to doing them until now.
Color: SU! September Colour Challenge and SU #SimpleStamping September Challenge using the current Sketch: Try Stampin’ On Tuesday Challenge (#525).
Here is the result:
- Using the retired stamp set, Flirty Flowers, I stamped the open Floral image three times across the bottom of a Basic White cardstock panel (4½” x 3”) with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. In the open area between image one and two, the Stems were masked-off with a Post-It-Note and the fourth lower Floral image was stamped. One Flower image was stamped higher and the stems and leaves were added in free-hand with a Fine-Tipped Black Journaling Pen.
- Using the two little stamps (flower center and small leaf) from the Blossoms in Bloom stamp set. I added the colors Pale Papaya, Flirty Flamingo and Coastal Cabana to the Flowers. Using the Pear Pizzazz Stampin’ Write Marker, I colored the Leaves on the floral stems.
- The upper right corner of the Floral panel was nipped with one of the retired Layering Oval Dies to match the sketch.
- I chose Flirty Flamingo cardstock for the Accent Panel (3⅜” x 3½”).
- I chose Coastal Cabana cardstock for the card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”). The sentiment, Best Wishes, from the Welcoming Woods stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder in the upper right corner. The font used in this stamp set is very pretty.
- And we are done!
I did look for a Faith or Spiritual sentiment, but I couldn’t find one that I liked that also suited the space created by the notched corner element of the sketch.
Best Wishes is always a nice sentiment for a Birthday card and using the heat embossing technique steps this simple (Stamps, Ink and Paper) card up just a tiny bit.
Our Australian friends are just heading into Spring and Flirty Flowers is a fun stamp set to use with the fresh color palette chosen.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: HUZ732BW (September 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.