Hi, welcome back! It has been a busy couple of days. Sometimes we need to take care of things that are not stamping related. Who knew?
So, a few challenges…
At As You See It (#259), the team issued a timed challenge (10 minutes or less) that needed to have a wee bit of humor and over at CAS on Friday (#214), I found the sketch that would work for my idea. Cards that can be made in less than ten minutes are well suited to clean and simple designs.
Here is the result:
How long do you think it took me to complete the card? I set the timer…
- For the Circle, I stamped the large circle image from the Watercolor Shapes stamp set with Pear Pizzazz ink on to a Basic White cardstock background panel (4” x 5¼”) in the lower right.
- I stamped the sentiment, Hoppy for you, from the retired So Hoppy Together stamp set with Versamark ink on to a scrap strip on Granny Apple Green cardstock (2¾” x ½”) and heat-set the sentiment with White Embossing Powder. I then snipped the ends on the diagonal.
- For my focal image, I stamped the ever so cute Frog on the Unicycle, also from the So Hoppy Together stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on to a scrap of Basic White cardstock, colored the image with Light Old Olive, Light Granny Apple Green and both Light and Dark Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends.
- The Frog was then die-cut with the coordinating die from the retired Hop Around Dies set.
- All of the elements were adhered to a Pear Pizzazz card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) with the Fog popped up on Dimensionals.
- And…we are done!
I have an affinity for frogs and turtles, possibly because I like all things green. I haven’t used the So Hoppy Together stamp set too much, but I had to have it! I rarely use “pun’ sentiments but the challenge pushed me in this direction. Go Green, Go!
I stopped the clock…3:56 minutes to go…therefore the card took 6:44 minutes to complete.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: HUZ732BW (September 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.