Hi, welcome back! Ran out of steam yesterday but there is another deadline looming, so…
Sketch: Freshly Made Sketch Challenge (#504), Theme: Less Is More (#452) and Color: CAS Colours & Sketches (#438).
Here is the result:
Mini Slim Line card.
- For the Hexagons, I die-cut four colors of cardstock: Basic White, Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana and Misty Moonlight with the retired Detailed Bee Dies Honeycomb die. I chose Basic White for the frame and paper-pieced in the other colored Hexagon blocks.
- I cut a Basic White cardstock Panel (5½” x 3”) to use as a base.
- Lower Panel (5½” x 1¼”) Misty Moonlight cardstock. The sentiment, Hope Your Day…, from the In Your Words Sale-a-bration Hostess FREE stamp set was stamped in the lower right position with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder. The panel was them dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder with the texture in the vertical position.
- Cross Strip (5½” x ⅜”) Coastal Cabana cardstock was also dry-embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder but in a crisscross pattern.
- Upper Panel (5½” x 1⅜”) Basic White cardstock was also dry-embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder but in the horizontal position.
- The three texturized panels were adhered to the Base panel.
- The Basic White Frame as adhered in position on the left and the then the Hexagons were added.
- The completed panel was adhered to a Basic White Slim Line card base (7” x 6” scored at 3½”). The card will fit into a standard small business envelope (No. 6)
I love this color combination and the simple layout. The hexagon color blocking was a fun addition and helped keep this card very clean and simple.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: HUZ732BW (September 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
4 thoughts on “In Your Words – Fantabulistic!”
Jolanda, this card is fantabulistic! It’s so simple but still has a bit of oomph with that honeycomb. Hope you’re doing well!
I love this! The texture is fantabulistic and the colors are so on-trend. And the hexagons are a great design choice. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!
Super make, very elegant
I love your beautiful design and wonderful use of colours! Thanks so much for joining the fun at CCC&S:)