The past little holiday we took has had a serious impact on my stamping rhythm. A few challenges…
This week over at the Global Design Project (#310), the challenge is a Sketch and for my theme, I selected the Stampin’ Up! Only Challenge (#284) – People.
Here is the result:
- Designer Series Paper: All retired patterns; Garden Impressions – Kimono and Pink Flowers, Bright’s Family 2020/2021 Collection – Umbrella and Peony Garden – Vertical Strip.
- The Japanese Girl, from the retired Power of Hope stamp set was stamped three times. Once in Versamark ink on to the Yellow/Navy floral pattern and heat-set with White Embossing Powder and then on to the Daffodil Delight Cross Hatch pattern with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and finally on to a scrap piece of Basic White cardstock also with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The Face/Neck/Hair/Dress Collar were colored with Stampin’ Blends: Dark Petal Pink, Light Smoky Slate and Dark Night of Navy. The Kimono, Umbrella and Head were then fussy cut and reassembled.
- The Pink Flowers were fussy cut directly from the patterned paper.
- The Vertical Strip is cut (1⅜” x 5⅜”).
- The sentiment, Happy Birthday, from the Celebrate with Flowers stamp set was stamped in Night of Navy ink on the left side of the Basic White cardstock Panel (4⅛” x 5⅜”) cardstock.
- All of the elements were adhered to a Night of Navy card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) to match the sketch.
A stroll through a Japanese Garden, such a nice way to celebrate a birthday.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: HUZ732BW (September 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
2 thoughts on “Power of Hope – Happy Birthday”
Gorgeous, Jolanda – I loved that stamp set so much, how perfectly you’ve showcased it here, and I even love the flowers with it, too! Such an elegant card! Thanks so much for playing at SUO!
I loved that Power of Hope stamp set when it came out so it’s always nice to see it used again! Your paper-pieced Japanese lady is lovely. Thanks so much for playing along with us at SUO Challenges, hope to see you in the gallery for our new challenge starting today!